- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- 17.00-30.00 per hour Depending on experience
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD, LTD, illness and accident, EAP
Prime Machine Inc. in Salt Lake City, UT is actively seeking a detail-oriented full-time Manual Machinist to assist with our engine department operations. Do you enjoy working in a focused, technical work environment? Are you precise and careful with your work? Would you like to join an established company that truly cares for its employees? If so, please keep reading!
Are you someone who likes to be challenged and is eager to learn? Can you consistently follow safety protocols? Do you have excellent communication and time management skills? Are you a team player? If so, you may be perfect for this position!
MANUAL MACHINIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Machine large industrial parts on our manual machining equipment
- Reads the Work Order Router before performing work on any Job. Asks Area Manager for clarifications if needed. Performs Machining and other tasks per Work Order Router and Area Manager Directions. Works to complete tasks correctly and on time.
- Presents to Area Manager all completed job documentation including Turnover Notes and Inspection Reports for their review and approval.
- Learns the specific operation of the Mills and Lathes that Prime Machine operates. Increases Mastercam skills as assigned by the Area Manager to complete more complicated machining processes.
- Prepares required documents in legible formats: inspection reports, turnover notes, accident reports, and non-conformance documents.
- Presents all completed job documentation to Supervisor for review.
- Understands Prime Machine Inc. Quality Standards and our customer's expectations, and implements procedures to achieve expectations.
- Applies the principles of problem resolution and teaming to identify continuous improvement opportunities and initiates process and procedures that improve operations.
MANUAL MACHINIST QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experienced Machinist in manual machining.
- Computer aided machining experience in MasterCam program is a plus
- CNC Experience is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of blueprints and standard machining symbols
- Knowledge of inspection procedures based on GD&T.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills. Good listening, writing, and oral communications skills are essential.
- Practical knowledge of Mechanical Systems and their function.
- Must be proficient with personal computer using company standard software.
- High school diploma or GED
MACHINIST WORK SCHEDULE
This full-time position typically works four 10-hour shifts, from Monday to Thursday. Enjoy longer weekends, but if desired, overtime is available Friday and Saturday. Shifts start around 3:30 PM.
ABOUT PRIME MACHINE INC.
Established in 1979, we provide emergency industrial equipment repair and new component fabrication services to a wide range of customers statewide and beyond! From millwright field services to state-of-the-art laser inspection services, we do it all! As a world-class leader in part fabrication, we take pride in our operations because everything we do affects important fields of work such as the defense, aerospace, hydraulics, power, mining, oil, and gas industries. We are a critical infrastructure industry, and our values are second to none. Every day we strive to give our best work so that the world around us can continue to properly function and advance!
We are a rapidly expanding company with great opportunities for advancement, so we are always looking for great additions to our team. Our staff is the key to our success, so we take care of them. We offer our amazing employees an excellent benefits package, top wages, a positive working environment, and great technology! We produce world class products and want our employees to be world class in all they do. Come see all the exciting projects we get to be a part of!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR WORLD CLASS TEAM?
If you feel that you would be perfect as our CNC Machinist, apply now using our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Due to US Export Control laws and regulations; applicants selected for employment must show proof of a U.S. Person status before employment may begin.