- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- 20.00-35.00 per hour Depending on experience
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness, EAP, Vacation, Sick, company matched 401K
PFS is a world supplier of Mechanical and Field Service Repairs for Heavy Industrial. We are currently seeking at least two (2) qualified individuals who have a desire to join a growing operation. If you have an appetite for a diverse and a technically challenging work, please apply?
Our Team is seeking experienced Field Machinists to travel to perform maintenance repairs utilizing power-operated machine tools, repair and/or fabricate precision metal parts/components that are found in various pieces of mining and power generation equipment to specific tolerance levels. In this position, you would work alongside our Millwrights and Certified Welders when not performing Field Machining tasks .This position requires significant travel from time to time to International and Domestic. It would be up to 75%.
Duties & Responsibilities might include but are not limited to the following:
- Determine work procedures, machine tools, equipment and attachments to be used for the task at hand.
- Use of precision measuring instruments and equipment such as Vernier calipers, height gauges, inside, outside, and depth micrometers, parallels, gage blocks, dial indicators, surface gages to attain accurate dimensions and maintain tolerances.
- Set up and operate Field Machining Equipment: Such as portable lathes, mills, drills, grinders, saws and line boring equipment.
- Typically performing machining repairs to Ball Mills, Crushers, Dryers & Kilns, Boiler Feed Pumps, Sole Plates, Combustion and Steam Turbines and Hydroelectric Equipment.
- Perform on-site measurements and inspections to evaluate customer equipment condition.
- Fabricate and weld temporary framework to support grinding equipment.
- Setup and operate grinding equipment for performing machining.
- Maintain grinding equipment, tools, and work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Transport grinding equipment to and from customer locations using a truck and light trailer.
- Prepare written reports, for customer use, that detail work completed.
- Meet with customer representatives, such as plant managers or maintenance personnel to discuss grinding process and provide recommendations.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Millwright / Field Machinist
- Able provide proof of US citizenship and be able to obtain a Passport for International Travel.
- Clean driving record and must be able to pass a Federal Background Check
- The physical ability to work extended hours in diverse locations and dynamic environments.
- Must be able to perform Millwright Duties and Welding ability is a plus.
- Familiarity with climax brand or similar equipment
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical
- Completion of a machine shop technology course or program a huge plus
- Experience with manual machine tools such as lathe, mill machine, or drill press
Knowledge/Skills, education and or experience in the following items would be extremely helpful to be successful in the role:
- Welding certifications at a minimum SMAW,GMAW
- Crane signaling/flagging experience or exposure
- Experience with rotating equipment such as kilns, mills
- Experience with OSHA and MSHA regulations
- Industry experience in cement, minerals, or mining
ABOUT PRIME MACHINE INC.
Established in 1979, we provide emergency industrial equipment repair and new component fabrication services to a wide range of customers statewide and beyond! From millwright field services to state-of-the-art laser inspection services, we do it all! As a world-class leader in part fabrication, we take pride in our operations because everything we do affects important fields of work such as the defense, aerospace, hydraulics, power, mining, oil, and gas industries. We are a critical infrastructure industry, and our values are second to none. Every day we strive to give our best work so that the world around us can continue to properly function and advance!
We are a rapidly expanding company with great opportunities for advancement, so we are always looking for great additions to our team. Our staff is the key to our success, so we take care of them. We offer our amazing employees an excellent benefits package, top wages, a positive working environment, and great technology! Come see all the exciting projects we get to be a part of!
If you feel that you would be perfect as our Field Machining position, apply now using our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Due to US Export Control laws and regulations; applicants selected for employment must show proof of a U.S. Person status before employment may begin. This position is not currently offering relocation assistance.