Join the PRC Management Co. team and be a part of an organization that has provided quality rental housing in Monmouth County for over 60 years. This is a dynamic company with opportunities for advancement.
Responsible for the overall maintenance of the apartment complex.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Schedule maintenance personnel, work order requests and vendors, adhering to maintenance priorities and market-ready schedule as set by the Property Manager.
- Train and direct employees.
- Assist in the hiring of new employees and conducting performance reviews.
- Responsible for having an inventory of market-ready apartments as directed by Property Manager.
- Maintain an adequate supply of material to be able to complete repairs on an emergency basis. Accountable for all materials and supplies.
- Keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishing, annual inspections, inventories, and purchase orders. Report results as requested by Property Manager.
- Participate in a stand-by emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage.
- Schedule and participate in all maintenance projects.
- Perform electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets and other equipment as directed.
- Perform plumbing work such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, zone valves, pipe sections, painting, both interior, and exterior, as directed, to include taping, spackling and repair.
- Perform carpentry work such as fitting doors, replacing molding, repairing structural framing, sanding, and refinishing floors.
- Perform custodial work necessary to clean and prepare market-ready apartments, such as cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, carpeting, and appliances.
- Responsible for cleaning grounds, laundry rooms, and all common areas daily.
- Schedule and assist in grounds work as required.
- Responsible for repair of concrete, masonry, roofing, and fences as required.
- Responsible for maintenance of boilers, domestic hot water heaters and energy management devices.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals.
- Know all water, gas, oil, or electrical shutoffs due to an emergency.
- Assist in apartment check-in and check-out inspections.
- Perform annual apartment inspections.
- Participate in snow removal efforts with staff.
- Ensure employees have their own hand tools to complete necessary tasks.
- Assist in collecting accounts receivable (rent) by delivering notices and providing information to residents as directed by the Property Manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Superintendent - 2 to 5 years
- Supervising - 2 to 5 years
- Driver's License - required
- Lift 70-75 pounds unassisted
- Be able to climb (roofs) 25-30 ft.
- Crawl space squat position for two hours
- Be able to shovel snow for extended periods (up to 6 hours)
- Must be able to stand a maximum of three hours
- Must be able to work on stepladders and work overhead with hand tools, power tools, and painting equipment
This list of duties represents the duties required but should not be construed as an all-inclusive list. The Property Manager or PRC Management may specify additional duties using reason and sound judgment in such assignment.