- Brookings, SD, USA
- Full Time
Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance, PTO, Parental Leave, EAP
Prairie AquaTech is a technology company based in Brookings, South Dakota that is improving animal health and nutrition by providing high quality feed ingredients and the solutions they enable. Using patented technologies licensed on a worldwide, exclusive basis from South Dakota State University and developed internally, the Company is upgrading plant-based commodities, such as soybean meal and distillers grain, to sustainable, high quality ingredients and their applications for use in aquaculture and other specialty animal feeds. Our company is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced Manager for a Manager of Fermentation and Process Research & Development to join our team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work in collaboration with Prairie AquaTech Manufacturing / Operations to optimize the unit operations that are believed to be critical to product quality and process efficiency
- This role will have primary responsibility for optimization of the company's technology platform for Fermentation and Separation Sciences and ensure that new technologies can be transferred seamlessly and efficiently at commercial plant scale to the Manufacturing / Operations team.
- Collaborate with Prairie AquaTech R&D to discover and optimize sub-processes that play a vital role in the production of the company's emerging product portfolio, including the manufacture of new products requiring completion of domestic and global regulatory dossiers.
- Lead R&D collaborations with external suppliers of new process technologies that will enable transformative operations for product and co-products manufacture to be effectively integrated into commercial scale facilities
- Lead the effort to maintain and update the company's pilot scale manufacturing facility to ensure the timely delivery of new product prototypes needed to support a robust product pipeline for new business development.
- Advanced degree in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, Ph.D. preferred
- Preferred candidates will have training and experience in Molecular Biotechnology
- 3-5 years related experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including those requiring multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong organizational skills; managerial experience is desired, but not required
- Ability to be flexible and take on challenges in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Job Location: Brookings, SD and Volga, SD