Summary: To move finished product in and out of the terminal in a timely, cost-effective and safe manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Receive product including the monitoring of vessel unloading and coordinating truck deliveries.
- Working with vessel crew members which requires Homeland Security Clearance (TWIC)
- Dispatching trucks to customers.
- Requires a self-motivated, safety oriented person that can work outside in all weather conditions.
Load customer trucks and arrange for delivery of product.
- Will use computers that are programmed to run equipment to load trucks.
- May need to contact outside carrier companies to assist with delivering product to customer locations.
Generate bills of lading for truck loading.
- Will be processing invoices for every load loaded using our SAP billing system.
Assist the Terminal Manager with day-to-day office activities and other special projects.
Assume Terminal Manager Responsibilities during vacations and other work interruptions.
Monitor the load out of product to customers.
- May be required to be on call to address customer issues while the Self-Loading system is in operation after normal terminal operating hours and weekends.
Daily reconciliation of shipping reports.
- Requires knowledge of excel spreadsheet for data tracking.
- Requires some accounting knowledge. (Example-Balancing a check book)
Maintain and repair equipment and facilities through preventive maintenance.
- Must have background working on equipment to make repairs. (trouble shooting equipment, disassemble, repair, re-assembly of equipment)
- Will be using hand tools to grease bearing, tighten drive belts and chains on equipment.
- Requires a person that can work alone and self-motivated.
- Not required but knowledge of arc welding and cutting torch operation is very useful.
- May be requested to work overtime during breakdown events or return to work during these events.
Practice and observe that terminal is in compliance with safety and environmental standards.
Perform duties to ensure proper appearance of facility including general cleanliness, landscaping and janitorial duties.
Safety and Security: Observe safety and security procedures; Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; Report potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability: Adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage competing demands; Change approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: One-year certificate or trade school with one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience and mechanical ability.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities: Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills. Contribute to possible improvements at terminal.
Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Other: Applicants at port terminals must be able to secure a TWIC card. Offers are conditional upon securing the TWIC card.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!