- Support Services
- Chesterfield, MI, USA
- Full Time
Full Cafeteria Plan including Medical, Dental, Optical, and Life Insurance
Under direct supervision, the cook will be responsible for the preparation of food for employees, patients, and visitors according to the established menus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Cook is responsible for adhering to the highest standards of customer service.
Adhere to departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, and environmental standards.
Performs all food service related tasks demonstrating service orientation to fellow employees, patients, visitors and hospital staff.
Ensure that all prepared food adheres to the highest standards by completing the following tasks:
- Prepare and cook food daily for patients, employees and visitors according to established menus and quantity requirements.
- Obtain food products from appropriate storage areas and store surplus according to established operating procedures.
- Measure and mix ingredients according to recipes; assist in preparing complex food items, budgetary goals.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods allowing detailed instructions; carve portions of meat, fish and for individual servings and prepare food for distribution to serving units.
- Prepare cold meats, sandwiches, cooked cereals and beverages; rinse all pans utensils used in daily food preparation.
- Maintain inventory of frequently used items, informing appropriate personnel of needed supplies.
- Store received food items, checking quantity and quality against invoice.
Facilitate a high level of food service by doing the following:
- Assist in the training of new personnel and part-time employees in new procedures
- Complete duties in a manner consistent with safety, sanitation and nutritional guidelines.
- Must maintain work area and equipment in a clean sanitary, and orderly condition.
- May participate in a quality improvement team.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred
- Candidate must have at least six months to one year of institutional cooking experience.
- At least two verifiable job references working for companies or institutions with a reputation for customer service excellence
- Excellent work history with outstanding attendance
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level, which allows the safe and efficient performance of the job.
- Must pass physical examination as required by Powerlink, which includes a drug screen and Tuberculoisis screen.
- Must provide proof of legal status to work.
- After initial training, demonstrate ability to utilize supplies, tools, and equipment properly including but not limited to: telephone, digital scanning devices, and digital paging devices.
- Physical ability to lift, push, pull and/or squat a minimum of 50 pounds, able to stand and walk 90% of work period and able to walk stairs negotiate uneven surfaces.
- Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards, and behaviors.
- Must practice the customer service skills as provided through on-going training and in-services.
- Must possess the following personal qualities:
- - Be self-directed
- - Be flexible and committed to team concept
- - Demonstrate team work, initiative and willingness to learn
- - Possess interpersonal skills and communication skills
- - Be willing to instruct others, and
- - Be open to how learning experiences
Prolonged standing walking and lifting of supplies and equipment.