- Support Services
- Charlotte Hall, MD, USA
- Full Time
$500 Signing Bonus
Successfully completing 80 days of service
A dietary aide is position in the food-service industry and works to help prepare and serve food for Residents in assisted living or medical facilities. A dietary aide helps, prepare and chop ingredients and keep food preparation areas sanitized and orderly.
Responsibilities for Dietary Aide
- Organize and adjust tables for dining areas, paying special attention to cleanliness and ease of use
- Assist Chefs and cooks with preparing and serving meals for the facility
- Deliver meals and food trays to Residents at predetermined times
- Remove plates and serve ware upon the completion of a Resident finishing their meal
- Discard trash and remove waste after scheduled times
- Maintain clean and orderly food stations
- Monitor pantry stock and inform management of items running low and in need or re-ordering
Qualifications for Dietary Aide
- A professional certification in food sanitation is required after 30 days.
- Experience working in a medical environment or in customer service is preferred
- Basic understanding of kitchen cookware and appliances
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills are needed to successfully interact with elderly Residents
- Ability to work on your feet and in the standing position for an extended period
- Flexibility in terms of availability, able to work holidays and weekend generally preferred
- Ability to lift and transport heavy trays and carts as needed
- Experience working with elderly Residents or those with special needs is preferred
Candidates who have experience in food and customer service tend to excel in the role of a dietary aide.