- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
ENGINEERING INTERN - The City of Pleasant Grove, Utah is looking for an Intern to provide support to their Engineering Staff. Position is an hourly job and classified as overtime - non-exempt. Hourly requirements are expected at 15 to 20 hours per week during the 2021 Fall and 2022 Winter Semesters.
- Acceptance into the Civil Engineering program of a university. Full time student in good academic standing.
- Be capable of vigorous physical effort including opening manholes, lifting grates, walking over uneven terrain, and extended hours outdoors.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Possess a valid Driver's License.
- Experience with surveying, GIS software, and database management.
- Understanding of construction traffic control design, review, and maintenance.
- Experience with common traffic studies such as multi-way stop, speed limits, and crosswalk location.
- Previous experience with municipal engineering or public works is preferred.
- Students with a graduation date of December 2021 or later.
To be considered for this position, visit the City job board at www.plgrove.org/jobs and complete a city application as well as upload the following:
- Cover letter,
- Official University verification of acceptance into civil engineering major and good academic standing,
Questions? Contact Aaron Wilson, P.E., City Engineer at email@example.com.