Reports to: Program Coordinator
The PG Fall Soccer League runs from the week of August 7th thru late Sept, 2022. The Assistant Referee (AR) is needed to be precise and alert during the game. Communication through "calls" and positioning on the touchline are required throughout game play. The use of "flags" are introduced for touchline calls as well as fouls. The AR is under the general supervision of the Soccer Supervisor and the Program Coordinator. AR's must have a general knowledge of the sport and meet the physical requirements needed to be an Assistant Referee. The AR position is for all 5th-9th grade leagues. The Youth Referee is responsible for refereeing the 1st thru 4th grade and will be on the field "calling the game".
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Working under direct supervision of the Soccer Supervisor and Program Coordinator
- Attending all scheduled games and arrive 30 minutes prior to game time and able to stay 30 minutes post-game
- Ability to work well with youth and adults.
- Need own transportation to and from the Manila Field or the PG Jr. High for games is required.
- Assistant Referee positions are for 5/6th grade and 7-9th grade boys' and girls' leagues
- Youth Referee positions are for the 1st-4th grade games
- Games for Fall Soccer 5th-9th grade will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights and Saturday mornings ending in the early afternoon. League runs early August through late September.
- Games for Fall Soccer 1st-4th grade will be on Saturday mornings till 1PM and the games run from July 27th till late September.
- Responsibility can be limited to only one of the fields but the opportunity to work both fields are there.
- Setup/take down and clean-up of field after each game day.
- Assisting with all other related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be at least 14 years of age.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have good oral communication abilities
- Good public relation skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with all ages of youth and adults.
- Have the physical ability to be an Assistant Referee (running and flag direction)
- Ability to follow basic safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to make sound decisions in sometimes stressful environments.
- Referees must have general knowledge of soccer skills and willing to learn "flag calls". Prior referee experience preferred but not required.
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds
- Position requires walking, standing, lifting and other physical activity.
- Working mid-week evening games and Saturday morning games