The PG Fall Soccer League games begin in August and go into the fall of 2021. The Fall Soccer Site Supervisor is needed to organize and carry-out the responsibilities of the scheduled games. Not only will the Supervisor oversee the set-up and clean-up of all league games but will be responsible for the supervision of all things going on during games. Hours will be under 12 hours per week (possible 6-8 hours on Saturdays and possible weekday opportunities as well). Soccer Site Supervisor should possess a competent knowledge of soccer rules, have the skills needed in communicating effectively with coaches, players, referees, and spectators. This position would also require a hands-on training to help referees become ready to ref games.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Working under direct supervision of the Program Coordinator
- Attending all scheduled games and arrive 30 minutes prior to game time and able to stay 30 minutes post-game when necessary.
- Ability to work well with youth and adults.
- Needed transportation to and from the field for games is required.
- Soccer Site Supervisor position is for 1st-4th grade soccer leagues.
- Games will be Saturdays, but some midweek work may be required to schedule or prep for Saturday games.
- Setup/take down and clean-up of field after each game day.
- Able to organize staff scheduling and responsible for time-cards.
- Assisting with all other related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have good oral communication abilities
- Good public relation skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with all ages of youth and adults.
- Able to organize work schedules for staff and responsible for time cards
- Ability to follow basic safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to make sound decisions in sometimes stressful environments.
- Supervision experience preferred but not required
- Experience working with youth and adults
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds
- Position requires walking, running standing, lifting and other physical activity.