- Winnsboro, TX, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401(k), Holidays and more.
The Managed IT Services Technician will be responsible for Managed IT Services installations with several customers. This is both an internal and customer-facing technical role. This position is responsible for providing a consistent technical resource to the customer for their IT infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides technical support to Managed IT Services customers.
- Installs and maintains all Managed IT Services customers' Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Access, and Servers.
- Provides maintenance customers with Application Support as needed.
- Provides all general Internet, Voice and IT support to Managed IT Services customers as required.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of VoIP is required. Use of Polycom and Yealink phones a plus. Experience in using
- Wireshark to troubleshoot SIP call failure related issues is desirable.
- Broad foundational knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies including Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, IIS, TMG, ISA, SharePoint, Storage Area Networking (EMC, NetApp, or other), Data networking (Cisco, HP, Nortel), IP Telephony (Cisco, Nortel, Avaya), VMware vSphere, Citrix XenApp, MS Hyper-V etc.
- Experience implementing and managing Alert and Performance Management (monitoring) solutions such as Intermapper, SolarWinds Orion, Kaseya, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), or any other solutions.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Experience implementing, configuring and managing Service Desk (ticketing) solutions.
- Ability to maintain an extreme sense of urgency in all interactions with the customer.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of telecommunications billing, customer service, and plant functions.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, and telephone systems.
- Skill in problem solving and resolution.
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and information.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience plus five (5) to seven (7) years of related experience is preferred.
- Technical certifications Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, etc. preferred.