- Sacramento, CA, USA
- 25-28 per hour
- Full Time
Peak Living is currently seeking a qualified Traveling Property Maintenance Specialist.
This role will assist communities that need extra help, fill in at properties that are missing key personnel, use their experience to complete more technical projects, and ensure that proven time saving procedures are being followed by on-site staff.
This position requires at least 50% travel. An effort will be made for travel to occur no more than every other week. However, consecutive weekly travel may occur.
- Hands on working knowledge of typical apartment maintenance tasks is required.
- Must possess leadership skills and ability to deal effectively with employees and customers.
- Advanced knowledge of HVAC
- Must have EPA universal certification
- Two years in a maintenance leadership role within a professional management firm.
- Teach skills to staff members.
- Educate all employees on safe procedures. Monitor work and practice to assure safety.
- While on-site inspect property constantly. Report liability hazards immediately to Community Managers. Instruct staff on standards and deadlines.
- Show staff members exactly how to perform work efficiently.
- Perform preventive maintenance for pools, parking lots, building exteriors, etc.
- Make Capital improvement recommendations.
- Set priorities, authorize overtime with Community Manager's approval and direct staff.
- Assist in completion of make ready apartments
- Schedule staff work, confer with Community Manager on use of contractors and maintain supplies.
- Counsel staff on quality of work and efficiency.
- Supervise work of contractors.
- Conduct all work in compliance with OSHA.
- Deliver all service in compliance with Equal Housing Authority.
- Order parts as needed to repair community utilizing preferred vendors.
- Seek cost effective maintenance parts and tool suppliers.
- Maintain shop area in neat and organized condition at all times. Keep secure.
- Communicate anticipated needs for replacement based on life span of equipment.
- Monitor building systems with particular attention to electrical and fire safety.
- Educate staff members on safety and control of materials. Use material data safety sheets.
- Work is completed both in and out of doors, in all weather conditions including but not limited to sunny, rainy, cloudy, smoggy, windy, stormy, muggy, humid, dry and other for extended periods of time. Indoor work occurs 33% to 100% of time, and Outdoor work occurs 33% to 66% of the time.
- Regular exposure (33% to 66% of time) to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, carpet fumes, chemical fumes, toner products for printer and copier, pool chemicals, and others. Examples of exposures would be inspecting an apartment during or immediately after turnover, being present around or using such chemicals for the purposes of maintaining pools, spas and turning apartments, and changing printer or fax toner.
- Heavy (often up to 25 pounds) - Climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle,
Peak Living LLC offers a competitive compensation package including monthly and quarterly bonuses, health, vision, dental and life insurance and discounted rent program.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!