- 26-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (PST)
- Oakland, CA, USA
- Part Time
Job Title: Supervisor
Department: OIC Operated by Sharks Ice
Reports To: Supervisor Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Scope and Nature of Role
Operates the facility and supervises employees in the absence of the General Manager and Supervisor Lead. Must know limits of jurisdiction, when to refer and defer to General Manager or Supervisor Lead. Supervises all employees under the direction of the General Manager and Supervisor Lead.
- Responsible in the absence of the Supervisor Lead and General Manager for ensuring that shifts are sufficiently staffed.
- Responsible for maintenance of the ice surface, including use of edger and correct resurfacing techniques.
- In coordination with the Maintenance Lead, evaluates building maintenance and repairs on a daily basis.
- Maintains rental skates, boots, blade and boot replacement.
- Supervises maintenance and fills machines to ensure full availability of each product.
- Assists with events promotions, private ice rental and parties.
- Assists with close-outs, bank deposits, making change and collecting NSF checks. Counts and secures all safe funds at the beginning and end of each shift worked.
- Inventories OIC Operated by Sharks Ice keys and radios before and after his or her shift.
- Ensures that all employees are practicing excellent customer service, and that all policies and procedures are properly implemented.
- Knows emergency procedures for equipment and evacuation plan.
- Ensures the overall cleanliness of the facility.
- Ensures OIC Operated by Sharks Ice is secured and locked at the end of business day.
- Monitors security cameras.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a broad spectrum of key contacts including employees, free lance instructors, user groups, parents, coaches, professional associates, athletes, and site selection committees.
- Good oral and written communication skills. One year of relevant experience.
- Must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job that are physically demanding.