- 17-Jun-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- PI- psyIT
- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits Package Based on Percentage of Full Time Effort
Salary $111,469.00 inclusive of location pay
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc., is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a full-time Senior Systems Administrator. Columbia Psychiatry, the nation's leader in psychiatric research, composed of the Columbia University Department of Psychiatry, New York State Office of Mental Health, and non-profit Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, impacts the world through discovery and care. Supporting core IT services for Columbia Psychiatry, the senior IT systems administrator will be responsible for critical on-premises and cloud-hosted platforms and systems. The administrator will work closely with senior technical program and business staff to design and effectively leverage the services. Technical processes range from apache web-based solutions, to robust research data capture, management, processing, and analysis services, including prepping for "big data" systems. Administration of virtualizaiton and Ddata reporting/visualizations solutions also expected. Secondary/tertiary support for backup, database and storage platforms is also required. Remote work available when assignments permit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead platform management efforts related to internet- and intranet-facing systems
- Develop and monitor cloud and system logging / alerting
- Support cloud architecture with secure and efficient design
- Develop, monitor, and support cloud compute solutions in AWS
- Manage and maintain VMWare ESX host infrastructure
- Develop and support small scripts and applications to automate platform services.
- Provide advanced end-level support to technical directors and leaders of core services
- Help guide appropriate development of overall architectures, including networking and storage supporting computational services in on premise and cloud (AWS) environments
- Ensure innovation and compliance through technical services
Applications/resumes must clearly document professional experience performing the following functions:
- At least 3 years full-time professional experience administering VMWare system
- Professional experience managing templates and systems in multi-host/multi-server Drupal 8 or higher platform on Linux systems
- Professional experience managing Linux-based clusters for production workloads
- Professional experience deploying cloud-based workloads in AWS inclusive of provisioning storage, RDS and compute solutions
- Experience with and ability to clearly communicate technical matters to both IT and business staff experience in use of Microsoft Visual Studio for development and source control.
- At least two years professional experience developing and support data aggregation / ETL processes
- S. or equivalent in an IT-related field. Experience and applicable certifications may substitute for master's degree.
- AWS Solutions Architect, SysOps, or DevOps certification
- VMWare VCP or equivalent certification
- Experience designing computational and storage workloads in AWS
- Experience developing and support CloudFormation deployments
- Training and/or certification in IT security
- Professional experience in healthcare IT operations
- Experience working in an IT division which was part of a large, multi-site organization
In accordance with NYS Office of Mental Health regulations, RFMH employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
Work Location: 40 Haven Avenue, New York, NY 10032
To Apply: Submit an application through our website until filled at: https://nyspi.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Please note, only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. Employer/Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran Employer. VEVRAA 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) compliant.