- Bloomington, MN, USA
- Full Time
When you join NWHSU you're not simply doing a job, you're making a difference. You'll see passion for our mission, our work, and our future growth opportunities all around you. Culture is extremely important to us. We're a small enough organization that you'll get to know everyone, have a voice, make an impact, and feel the enthusiasm of everyone you work with. Yet we're large enough to offer exceptional benefits including a university contribution to our 403(b), generous PTO and a flexible environment. It's an ideal blend and a superb organization to expand your career.
What can you expect?
- Our goal? Preparing the next generation of healthcare professionals to deliver and advance healthcare.
- Every role and individual contributes to our success. No matter what department you work in, you'll see passion for our work and respect for one another.
- Belonging is important to us - we all bring different backgrounds, perspectives, and value to the organization. And that makes us stronger.
- We're committed and engaged. You'll see that in every meeting, every discussion and everything we do. It shows and we're proud of it.
- We don't simply say we have a team environment - we live it. Your ideas and suggestions matter. We listen to one another and when something makes sense, we do it.
- We've still got that entrepreneurial spirit, even though we've been around for 80+ years. And we like that.
- We share information and have fun - through monthly Open Forum meetings with our senior leaders, to random employee celebration events throughout the year.
- We build in flexibility in roles whenever we can. We work in a hybrid environment. Each manager works with their team members to ensure there is a healthy work-life balance.
- Your personal and professional work opportunities are important to us - we provide these benefits so you can continue to excel in your career.
An exciting opportunity to join the retail team in our newly renovated retail store which was recently renamed the TruNorth Wellness Hub. This role will support the store buying, university purchasing, online orders, operations and be an important part of the retail growth strategy for the university. Retail growth is a primary strategic initiative for the university, and we are looking for a dynamic individual to help achieve our ambitious targets. This role is part of a team driving a primary university strategy.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
Work Location: Bloomington, MN.
Support University Purchasing
- Converts approved requisitions to Purchase Orders
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends vendors to purchasing director
- Supports returns and vendor issues as needed
- Troubleshoots requisitioning issues with regard to approvals and workflow
- Assists with monitoring stock and restocking, ensuring first in, first out stock rotation
- Communicates with buyer/store manager re stock levels and special orders
- Performs variety of Point-of-Sale functions including opening, closing, inventory adjustments, item and customer lookups, posting, voids, creating and querying gift cards, retrieving receipts and data as requested
- Supports receiving on incoming shipments
e-Commerce, Phone & E-mail Orders
- Assists phone, e-mail and online order customers with product selections
- Consistently develops in-depth product knowledge by reading merchandise packaging, product brochures, vendor information and by asking questions as necessary
- Assists in supporting e-commerce sales by monitoring website, editing, proofing and making adjustments as requested
Retail Store Order Shipping & Curbside Delivery
- Delivers USPS shipping to mail room with coded for Retail Store
- Oversees and ensures curbside delivery is running
What you need to have?
- High School Diploma
- 1-3 years experience
- High school diploma plus some specialized training of less than two years (e.g. technical or business school)
- Vitamins and supplements experience preferable
- Bookstore experience
NWHSU is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet your current needs an anticipate your future needs. Our generous time away helps you enjoy a healthy work life rhythm.
- Paid Time Off (earn 17 days per year)
- Holiday (15 days in 2022)
- Discounted and free on-site clinic services for you and your family
- 403(b) Plan (4.75% University contribution with a 2% employee contribution)
- Medical, dental, vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- EAP and other wellness benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement for external programs
- Tuition Reduction for internal programs (includes family members)
- On-site fitness center
Founded in 1941, NWHSU is a progressive institution educating the next generation of health care professionals. While the institution's history is rooted in the chiropractic profession, NWHSU now focuses more broadly on integrative care, health, and wellness. In addition to our Doctor of Chiropractic, we offer a Doctor of Acupuncture with a specialization in Chinese Herbal Medicine, Masters' offerings in Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Functional and Integrative Nutrition, and Integrative Care, and undergraduate offerings in massage therapy, health sciences, and allied health professions - medical assisting, medical laboratory science, medical laboratory technology, radiation therapy, and radiologic technology. We are a mission- and vision-driven university and intend to be a leader in creating integrative care solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Northwestern Health Sciences University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate.