- NWHSU Bloomington Clinic
- Bloomington, MN, USA
- Part Time
Northwestern Health Sciences University prepares the next generation of healthcare professionals to deliver and advance health care.
Founded in 1941, NWHSU is a progressive institution educating the next generation of health care professionals. While the institution's history is rooted in the chiropractic profession, NWHSU now focuses more broadly on integrative care, health, and wellness. In addition to our Doctor of Chiropractic, we offer a Doctor in Chinese Medicine, and offerings in massage therapy, nutrition, undergraduate health sciences, and the allied health professions - medical assisting, medical laboratory science, medical laboratory technology, radiation therapy, and radiologic technology. We are a mission- and vision-driven university, preparing the next generation of healthcare professionals to not only deliver, but advance health care.
NWHSU offers laboratory drawing services to support providers in the Clinic System and in the surrounding area in patient care. This service most specifically supports Doctor of Chiropractic, Functional Medicine Providers, Nutritionists and Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine. The Lab Coordinator helps to coordinate all operations of the clinical lab.
This is a part-time, non-benefits eligible position working up to 16 hours per week, Monday through Thursday.
Bloomington, MN; must live local and be able to come to campus as needed.
- Prepare for lab draws as they are scheduled
- Collect lab specimens according to provider's orders
- Properly handle specimens to maintain their integrity for processing
- Prepare specimen for processing at the lab
- Arrange pick up and shipment of specimens to processing labs
- Ensure lab results are sent to the ordering provider in a timely manner
- Ensure proper maintenance of vendor accounts
- Order lab supplies as needed
- Remain current on CLIA waived testing requirements
- Maintain training manuals and compliance records
- Review and update lab test fees
- High school diploma plus some specialized training is required
- Associate's degree is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience drawing blood and collecting and processing specimens for testing including: proper clotting timing, pipetting, spinning and storage.
- Knowledge in CLIA Waived and OSHA regulations for labs.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Northwestern Health Sciences University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate.