- Information Technology
- Bloomington, MN, USA
- Full Time
Northwestern Health Sciences University prepares the next generation of healthcare professionals to deliver and advance health care.
Founded in 1941, NWHSU is a progressive institution educating the next generation of health care professionals. While the institution's history is rooted in the chiropractic profession, NWHSU now focuses more broadly on integrative care, health, and wellness. In addition to our Doctor of Chiropractic, we offer a Doctor in Chinese Medicine, and offerings in massage therapy, nutrition, undergraduate health sciences, and the allied health professions - medical assisting, medical laboratory science, medical laboratory technology, radiation therapy, and radiologic technology. We are a mission- and vision-driven university, preparing the next generation of healthcare professionals to not only deliver, but advance health care.
This position is responsible for the smooth operation and coordination of academic technology, University classrooms, computer labs, and meeting spaces.
The Academic Technology and Services Specialist is responsible for support, training, and maintenance related to managing and maintaining the University's academic technology, venue areas, public spaces, conference rooms, classrooms, labs, and for event support. This support is inclusive of working collaboratively across the University to define the specifications, plan for changes, implement, and maintain the technology for the defined use. Additionally, the Academic Technology and Services Specialist will collaborate across colleges, departments and within IT to define effective standards, policies, processes and procedures for the evaluation, acquisition, ongoing management and maintenance, and support and training of University academic technology.
Bloomington, MN with flexibility to work 1-2 days per week remotely; must live local and be able to come to campus as needed.
- Field Help Desk requests via phone, email, and walk-ins, creating an initial ticket record of the request and updating tickets with notes on any work performed.
- Identify and organize tickets according to priority, and resolves issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve computer software, hardware, and networking problems for users of University computer resources in an effective and timely manner, working with vendor support contacts and/or escalating to appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Ensure that all classroom, conference room, and lab computers are updated, patched, and interfacing properly with audiovisual equipment.
- Configure, upgrade, and install new and existing multimedia, computer hardware and software.
- Provide group or one-on-one user training as needed for event, academic technology, or multimedia use.
- Manage classroom technology.
- Some events may include nights and weekends.
- High school diploma plus some specialized training of less than two years required.
- Associate's degree or two-year program preferred in computer science or related field.
- 0-2+ years of related work experience required.
NWHSU is proud to offer you and your eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package. Our package is designed to change with you meeting current needs and anticipating your future needs. We offer medical, dental, and vision care insurance. Flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for out of pocket medical and daycare or eldercare expenses with pre-tax dollars. Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability that allow you to be protected for an unexpected loss or income interruptions. As your partner in building retirement income, NWHSU provides a 403(b) Plan. On-site clinic services for you and your immediate family. Tuition reimbursement to support employees in job-related courses outside of NWHSU and Tuition Remission for academic courses and continuing education classes offered by NWHSU. Our generous time away program helps you enjoy a health work/life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Northwestern Health Sciences University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate.