- Bloomington, MN, USA
Up to 20 hours per week, flexible schedule as hours can vary depending on course load.
Note: Depending on class schedule and IT department needs, the position's schedule will vary to cover help desk hours, which may include occasional Saturday hours. While these hours are typical, they may be subject to change as workload and needs of our customers and work areas change.
Information Technology Department business hours: Monday through Thursday 7:30 am to 7:00 pm; Friday & Saturday 7:30 am to 5:00 pm; Sunday 7:30 am to 1:00 pm.
This position is located on the ground floor level of Campus in room 25; Technology Center. Optional flexible remote support upon evaluation of schedule and tasks.
- Provide basic technical support to end users
- Troubleshoot end-user access issues
- Paid training to understand the basic technical support techniques
- Dependable, reliable, and predictable attendance is a requirement
- Support IT AV Campus event requests as needed
- Facilitating slide deck
- Testing Audio (Mic/speaker)
- Restarting computer as needed and replacing batteries
- Professional engagement with attendees
- Provide help desk support
- In-person and over the phone as needed
- Creating and routing tickets
- Maintain ticket routing document
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Assist Technical Services when needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS including Windows XP and Windows 7, Microsoft tools including Office, & PC hardware.
- Ability to prioritize assigned projects, help desk calls, and tickets
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move computer and A/V equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software issues
- Must have strong customer service, time management, and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with Active Directory a plus.