- 13-Jan-2022 to 30-Sep-2022 (EST)
- NKI - Business Office
- Orangeburg, NY, USA
- 55917.00-77840.00 per year $55,917-$77,840
- Full Time
Full benefits package
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. (RFMH) is seeking a full-time Grants Specialist. This individual will be able to work with increasing independence as the position responsibilities are learned.
This position allows for up to 40% remote work upon approval.
Grants and Contracts
- Pre-Award (50%)
- Preparing budgets and budget justifications for grants (federal, state, and private foundation) submissions; good math and editing skills needed.
- Managing receipt of all grant application components (e.g., biosketches, letters of support, subcontracts, science documents).
- Compiling and formatting applications to meet details of sponsor specifications.
- Maintaining organized electronic files of grant application components.
- Effectively communicates with PIs, co-investigators, consultants, grants offices, etc. to ensure review of all components in a timely manner for meeting submission deadlines.
- Keeping PIs and others divisional staff apprised of updated institutional, PHS, or foundation regulations.
- Able to work in a team environment for efficient processing of grant applications.
- Post award (20%)
- Assisting PIs in preparation and efficient submission of annual RPPRs (Research Performance Progress Reports) and semiannual progress reports (NARSAD, AFSP), "just-in-time" requests, and no cost extensions including budget preparation, collection of "other support" documents, biosketches, etc.
- Assisting with prime budget setup and processing of subcontracts.
- Keeping organized electronic files of post award documents.
- Other Duties (30%)
- Assist with monthly review of grant accounts.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in an administrative role within a research environment and an Associate Degree or two years related experience and a bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel required.
- Detail oriented with strong interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to anticipate, problem solve, and implement systems that contribute to an efficient working environment.
- High level of computer literacy, especially with spreadsheets & accounting.
- Self-directed and self-reliant
- Mustbewell-organizedandhaveexcellentinterpersonalskillsindealingwitha widevariety of personalities
- Experience working with Federal grants (NIH, NSF etc.) and associated systems (eRACommons, Proposal Central, Fastlane, etc.)
- Knowledge of sponsored projects cycle: proposal development, grants management, etc.
- Previous work experience in grants management.
- Prior experience with specific software such as F-TASK
- Must be able to handle working on multiple projects simultaneously
Background Investigation/Justice Center Review Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment. 2) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
*The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran Employer. VEVRAA 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) compliant.
Applications will only be accepted through website at: http://corporate.rfmh.org - Click on Employment Opportunities. Applications will be accepted only during the posting dates as listed at the top of the job announcement.
Questions regarding this position please email: firstname.lastname@example.org