- 20-Mar-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- Olympia, WA, USA
- 51.19 per hour
- Part Time
Must works 20 hours per week to get and maintain benefits
Part-time, 1-3 days/week
Starting pay $51.19
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is a key member of the dental team and is responsible for providing routine and advanced prophylactic and therapeutic dental hygiene care, providing educational information to patients and the community and motivating patients to practice daily oral hygiene care.
Primary responsibilities are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform. This list of responsibilities is intended to be representative of the duties performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed if such duties relate to the position.
- Perform periodontal exams, periodontal treatment, prophylaxis, and therapeutic care.
- Develop and implement individual dental care plans for patients.
- Perform preventive procedures, prophys, application of sealants and fluoride and prescribed medications.
- Perform scaling and root planning.
- Smooth and polish rough restorations, place temporary fillings, administer local anesthesia, place, and remove rubber dams.
- Provide assistance to the dentist during patient exam.
- Maintain current training in Electronic Health Record system for patient charting.
- Record exam findings and maintain patient records.
- Responsible for taking proper diagnostic digital dental radiographs.
- Develop and participate in community education and prevention programs.
- Maintain the dental clinic to current NTHC dental program sterilization and infection control standards.
- Maintain all HIPAA and related confidentiality rules and regulations at all times.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited dental hygiene program.
- 1-2 years' experience working in a dental clinic preferred.
- Tribal or public health experience preferred.
- Must hold valid license to practice dental hygiene in Washington State without restrictions.
- Must have valid driver's license, proof of insurance and be insurable under the Tribe's insurance policy.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification within 3 months of hire.
This position does not supervise.
Possesses the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the primary responsibilities of the position.
- Treats patients in accordance with the mission and philosophy of the clinic.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to chart quickly and accurately in the Electronic Health Record system.
- Ability to work with children and special needs patients.
- Knowledge of professional dental hygiene practices and procedures.
- Well-developed computer skills including ability to use computer for scheduling, word documents and reasonable keyboard skills.
Nisqually Indian Tribe https://nisquallyhr.applicantpro.com
Sign Up For Job Alerts!