- 16-Sep-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- Olympia, WA, USA
- 24.35 - 32.65
- Full Time
Benefits: Yes- Employer Paid Medical, dental, vision, Life Insurance and 401K contribution 4% paid by Tribe (Employee Only)
NATURE OF WORK: This position provides practical nursing care and treatment services in the Nisqually Health Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Screen, assess, and evaluate patients and their conditions to ensure that they are well, safe and their health care is continuous.
- Collaborate and triage with other members of the interdisciplinary health care team to develop comprehensive plans to provide continuity of care.
- Deliver services which promote health, foster healing and support coping and adjustment to various health conditions.
- Plan transition, make referrals and arrange follow-up when patients transfer or return to the community.
- Assist patients to improve their skill and ability to provide care for themselves and their family.
- Counsel, consult, teach, advise, and provide health information that improves quality of health services and/or enhances safety and security.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of practical nursing.
- Knowledge of health laws and regulations and of their application to the Nisqually Health Department.
- Knowledge of physical and mental effects caused by the use of drugs, alcohol, and other controlled substances.
- Knowledge of the specialized behavioral, emotional, and physical problems of all patients.
- Skill in the use and care of medical equipment, supplies, and related materials.
- Ability to provide practical nursing care to all patients.
- Ability to understand and carry out technical medical instructions in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to observe, record and report medical data accurately and concisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies, patients, and the general public.
- Ability to meet the physical demands required and work in stressful conditions with patients who may be hostile or physically volatile.
- Ability to work a varied shift schedule.
- Ability to foster a positive attitude and openness toward the constantly changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Ability to promote inclusiveness.
- Ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Ability to respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
- Must hold a valid unrestricted Washington State license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse AND one year experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Must possess a valid CPR card or have the ability to obtain upon hire.
- Be available to work all shifts (day, swing and graveyard) including weekends and holidays as requested.
- Must have a Washington State driver's license and be insurable under the Nisqually Indian Tribe's insurance policy.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!