- 17-Jun-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- Olympia, WA, USA
- Full Time
Benefits: Yes- Employer Paid Medical, dental, vision, Life Insurance and 401K contribution 4% paid by Tribe (Employee Only)
Supports the dental team by performing a range of clinical functions. Chair side assisting, clinic maintenance and record keeping comprise a significant amount of work performed. The position facilitates the work of the dental team and affects the attitudes of patients and increases the effectiveness of the dental team. This position allows the dental team to function smoothly and better serve the intended population.
- Performs chairside assisting duties which encompass all routine dental procedures in general dentistry.
- May act as receptionist, and may schedule patient visits.
- Is able to record properly all treatment rendered to patients and retrieve and file dental charts accurately.
- Routes patients for medical laboratory procedures, completes dental laboratory work orders incompliance with dentist's instructions.
- Prepares patient and operatory for proper dental procedure including setting up the proper instruments necessary.
- Is responsible for proper exposure, processing and mounting of radiographic films.
- Provide routine prophylaxis and topical fluoride treatment as assigned by dentist.
- Is able to perform routine dental laboratory procedures, including pouring and trimming models, constructing custom trays, fabricating base plates and bite rims.
- Responsible for keeping clinic well supplied and requisitioning supplies and equipment.
- Relays to patient post-treatment instructions as well as motivating and instructing patients in proper preventive techniques by encouraging and promoting patient self-help.
- Maintain the dental clinic to CDC standards.
- Establishes and maintains professional attitude and relationships with any and all persons contacted during performance of the job. Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of all instruments normally used in routine dental procedures for restorative, prosthodontic, oral surgical, endodontic, and periodontal treatment.
- Efficiency in chairside techniques in all of the above fields.
- Knowledge of dental anatomy and ability to properly expose and process diagnostic radiographs.
- Knowledge and skill in adjusting and operating dental radiographic equipment.
- Ability to explain to patients post operative instructions and preventive techniques and home care instructions.
- Has at least one year of experience as a chairside dental assistant.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!