- 02-Mar-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Full Time
Open PTO policy, 11 Federal Holidays, 401 (k) +Matching + Immediate Vesting, MDV, Training Assistance, Referral Bonuses, and much more.
Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Guantanamo Bay
Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI (Active)
NetCentrics is a market leader in cybersecurity, enterprise IT, and telecommunications solutions and services. We serve the DoD, DHS, Federal Civilian Agencies, and Intelligence Community. We are a diverse group of intellectually curious people living by our core values while bonded by the shared mission to secure our nation - join us!
We are seeking a Systems Administrator who embraces challenges and is a motivated self-starter. This position is responsible for the management of services to provide a broad spectrum of Information Technology services to include System Administration, Network Engineering, Information Security, and Help Desk capabilities in support of the Office of Military Commissions (OMC). The selected candidate will support new project start-ups related to Rapid Response oriented engineering and in-service engineering, and day to day IT Operations. The typical programs provide system engineering services to our dynamic customers in support of OMC IT related projects including: requirements definition, solution definition, integration, installation verification and validation, operation and sustainment. The selected candidate will act as the overall lead, manager and administrator for OMC related projects and serve as the primary interface and point of contact with Government program authorities on technical and program/project issues. Projects may include the integration and installation of new IT systems or equipment, the upgrade or modernization of existing systems or equipment and the use of legacy, current, and emerging IT technologies to meet unique end-user requirements. Tasking will span the entire systems engineering life cycle or some portion thereof. While project performance will take place primarily at the National Capitol Region (NCR), completion of project activities will require travel to Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- Provide operational and maintenance (O&M) support for NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and JWICS system infrastructure for approximately 400 users
- Provide O&M support for Special Access System infrastructure for approximately 150 users
- Provide O&M support for Printer infrastructure, to include Pharos Secure Print.
- Develop, implement, manage, and maintain VDI for thick/thin/zero clients and server virtualization technologies
- Provide O&M support for SQL Database infrastructure
- Provide O&M support for OMC server and desktop-based software applications.
- Provide data backup and restoration capabilities for NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS, and Special Access Systems
- Support replication of network file share volumes via Distributed Files System w/ Replication (DFS-R) between the NCR and NSGB locations
- Provide support for storage area network (SAN) and encrypted file storage capabilities
- Create/maintain standalone workstation images in accordance with DOD security standards
- Provide systems recovery and repair operations employing industry best practices for systems troubleshooting and fault isolation
- Bring up-to-date and preserve computer inventory and surplus equipment
- Make sure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with various systems
- Vouch for and implement upgrades on systems to guarantee longevity
- Ascertain and repair hardware and network connectivity issues
- Support for technical upgrading and maintaining of entire desktop systems
- Assist in testing and deployment of new applications and system
- Develop performance measurements (goals/metrics/reports) utilizing the current service desk platform and facilitate a feedback system to team members on customer service, communication, and technical skills, to enhance the quality of support delivered
- Utilize ITIL best practices to enhance and optimize the services provided to end users
- Participate in the implementation of an enterprise knowledge base and knowledge management best practices
- Coordinate with OMC and JSP IT support teams to resolve customer incidents/problems, fulfill service requests, and institute continuous improvement initiatives and methods
- Resolve customer issues effectively or escalate them to appropriate support tiers
- Work with management in assessing staff performance/reviews/changes
- Assist in the professional and technical development of the team
- Shall possess at the time of award a TOP SECRET w/ SCI Eligible security clearance
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into PC and software issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
Education and Experience
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent, including consideration of vendor certification in the technology being applied
- Required Experience: 7 or more years of professional experience supporting PC hardware and software systems
- Administrative experience in day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades to hardware, software, and operating systems in a Microsoft Windows Server Environment; must be proficient with Microsoft's Windows Server.
- Administrative experience in SQL Server Database Administration; must be proficient with SQL Server
- Experience with designing and deploying VMWare Horizon solution
- Preferred Experience: 5+ years of SysAdmin experience with DOD or IC (DIA), especially with P2P solutions
- DoD 8570 IAT II certification (e.g., Security+, CND, CCNA-Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- HDI Desktop Support Manager or A+ related certifications relevant to personnel roles/responsibilities
- VPC Data Virtualization and/or End User Computing
- ITILv3 Foundation minimum certification
- VMWare VCP Certification
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 50 pounds
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!