- 23-Dec-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Herndon, VA, USA
- Full Time
- Public Trust
Open PTO policy, 11 Federal Holidays, 401 (k) +Matching + Immediate Vesting, MDV, Training Assistance, Referral Bonuses, and much more.
Program: Veterans Administration (Cyber)
Location: Full Time Remote
Title: Cybersecurity Engineer, Senior
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust
Number of Positions: 1
NetCentrics has an exciting opportunity for a Cybersecurity Engineer, Senior supporting the Veterans Administration (Technical Support to ISPS Program).
The mission of the ISPS Program is to provide technical support to ISPS in the following areas: cloud security; architecture; transition and migration to cloud; cloud security continuous monitoring; Zero Trust security strategies; Trusted Internet Connection (TIC); architecture risk management and analysis; security baselines and templates; assessment and authorization (A&A) and Authority to Operate (ATO); Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) package support; cloud security policy, governance and compliance; cloud security performance and metrics; and incident response and disaster recovery.
The Cybersecurity Engineer, Senior shall have extensive IT experience in all aspects of Cyber Security with a vast array of IT systems involving end user as well as enterprise level networks; experience in designing and implementing systems that meet agency Cyber Security policy and regulations; and must have extensive experience in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, public key infrastructure (PKI), and secured networks. The successful candidate will work in a technically diverse and dynamic environment with a team of IT Security professionals responsible for all aspects of the IT environment supporting the needs of the business. The successful candidate will be able to build out and support leading cybersecurity tools to ensure the client has the standard Security Controls in place. Provide hand off and support to the Security Operations Teams for the tools involved with deploying and enhancing.
Responsibilities (but are not limited to)
- Manage all day-to-day cybersecurity operations including administrative functions, assessing risks and identifying unstated assumptions
- Knowledge of Defense Information and Accreditation Risk Management Framework (RMF) and process for system and application controls
- Providing cyber security expertise and support for all Cybersecurity Tools involved with supporting the environment
- Identifying security vulnerabilities and common attack vectors from investigations coming out of the Incident Response team processes and execute on any changes that need to be made to continually improve the controls relative to the threats
- Perform reviews of the current state of the deployment to ensure adherence to the organization's computer security policy
- Conduct network security assessments
- Perform security monitoring of clients, servers, applications, and network infrastructure
- Appropriately represent cyber security on cross-functional IT project teams
- Support the certification and accreditation (C&A) of new and existing information systems and applications
- Manage security projects that implement infrastructure, applications or systems solutions ensuring timely delivery of functional, technical and security requirements
- Lead the analysis, design, functional review and interpretation of requirements of security related hardware and software
- Define, generate, and ensure the compliance of system documentation and Standard Operating Procedures
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of information security policies, "best practices", protocols, and procedures
- Understanding of networking architectures, topologies, practices and technologies
- Demonstrated verbal & written communications skills and organizational & leadership skills
- Demonstrated level of integrity and judgment concerning privacy issues
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a well-reasoned, objective, and independent point of view
- Able to work in a collaborative manner with teammates within Information Resources as well as the rest of the Organization.
Preferred Certifications & Skills:
- CISSP, CISM or GIAC certification
- Detailed knowledge of industry-standard commercial and desktop, server, and network operating systems and enterprise database software
- Related work experience in a higher education or academic health organization
- A technical skill set to configure, install, and monitor security software/hardware
- Knowledge of and experience implementing technical aspects of compliance standardsregulations such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing an information security framework based on either ISO 27000 series standard, NIST 800-30, CObIT, etc.
- Experience working in a decentralized environment
All candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability (or perception thereof).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!