- 07-Nov-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- DC, USA
- Full Time
- Public Trust
Open PTO policy, 11 Federal Holidays, 401 (k) +Matching + Immediate Vesting, MDV, Training Assistance, Referral Bonuses, and much more.
Title: Event Planner
Location: Washington, D.C.
Clearance: Public Trust
- Work with FTC staff to determine Event needs. Participate in conference calls and/or face-to-face meetings as required. Resulting in clearly communicated task and milestones for those involved
- Organize facilities and manage all event's details such as location, visitor list, visitor access, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Provide on-site meeting support at event location, overseeing meeting room arrangements. Ensuring scheduled event is conducted in a professional manner and all visitors, equipment and materials are in the right place at the right time
- Travel to support offsite FTC Events, conduct site visits when necessary and provide feedback to the planning team of the pros and cons of potential event sites
- Create and produce event materials that communicate the desired information concerning the event
- Work with other departments or vendors for events requiring Video Teleconference equipment, or video productions
- Coordinate site selection, room setup, audiovisual equipment and operators, and registration for meeting site managers. Coordinate services if required by vendor such as Internet access and equipment rental. Ensuring scheduled event is conducted in a professional manner and all visitors, equipment and materials are in the right place at the right time
- Assist outside vendors with delivery of products. Coordinate with security offices for visitors for public conferences and hearings
- Manage agency conference rooms and scheduling using agency supplied software
- Coordinate with customer and technical teams on virtual events to include overseeing virtual events
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports on number of internal and external events supported.
- Maintain inventory of event supplies
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Conduct market research, gather information and provide recommendation to customer
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all event's details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event as needed
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post - event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Plan and facilitate logistics for all events, including contract negotiations, guest lists, venue preparation, presentation materials, security, catering, entertainment, transportation, equipment, decor, and marketing materials
- Oversee client experiences from conception through post-event, managing on-site preparations, production, and event breakdown, ensuring consistent, high-level service throughout all phases
- Maintain and build a comprehensive list of industry contacts, vendors, and venues
- Troubleshoot and handle any issues that arise on the event day
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Public Relations, Hospitality Management, or other related field with 2-4 years of experience or or an additional 6 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Active Public Trust security clearance
- Experience with using video conferencing software for virtual event support (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, WebEx, VTC, etc.)
- Experience in supporting events in virtual and physical environments
- Efficiency in prioritizing and multitasking
- Team player
- Solid organizational skills
- Effective Communication skills
- Customer first approach
- Proven experience as an Events Planner or Organizer
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Proficient with MS Office
- Ability to lift an equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!