- 22-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Alexandria, VA, USA
- Full Time
Open PTO policy, 11 Federal Holidays, 401 (k) +Matching + Immediate Vesting, MDV, Training Assistance, Referral Bonuses, and much more.
Title: Telecommunications Engineer
Location: Alexandria, VA / Remote
Clearance: Public Trust eligibility
NetCentrics has an exciting opportunity to migrate Veteran Administration (VA) hardware, operating systems, applications, and other elements of its IT infrastructure from IPv4 (Internet Protocol version 4) to IPv6. To accomplish this task, NetCentrics is looking for experienced IT professionals to provide technical, engineering and guidance to support the critical transition from IPv4 to IPv6.
To ensure the success of our mission, we are seeking technical experts to support all phases from documentation, configuration, inventory management, remediations, security, network monitoring, desk support, testing, training, migration, and strategic planning in both test and real-world environments.
The migration will ensure the design and integration of IPv6 technology across VA on-premises core infrastructure, network operations, support desks, and security systems, as well as VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC) where applicable.
- Provide support developing telecommunications requirements for small to medium size projects
- Provide in-depth engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives for government agencies in support of their strategic modernization efforts
- Provide telecommunications enhancement designs for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures
- Provide interoperability and interface support during design as well as testing and fielding
- Support telecommunications engineering best practices:
- Transport Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Routing protocols
- LAN switching
- Internet and Intranet systems
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) based network management system
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline) and 5+ years of professional experience; an additional 8 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent technical customer service, communications, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!