- 13-May-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Title: Junior System Administrator
Location: Arlington, VA (Pentagon)
- Serve as the Junior System Administrator for the NetCentrics information technology (IT) support efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP)
- Provide SME support to a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR)
- Perform a wide variety of enterprise support functions in order to meet service requirements. These functions may include server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the Operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs)
- Support the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS) which enables organizations to exchange both classified and unclassified information with other organizations within the DoD, other United States (US) Government agencies, Five Eyes countries (US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand), the 28 North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries, and all countries with US military bases or embassies worldwide
- Provide assistance with the administration of networking equipment
- Produce network architectural drawings and schematic diagrams
- Provide design and implementation support for VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies
- Provide design and implementation support for Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Manage all aspects of the project related to systems and technology
- Facilitate collaboration and cooperation with the primary system vendors.
- Drive innovative technical solutions to meet the system owner's functional requirements
- Complete technical documentation to design, test, implement, and train transition solutions to operational support
- Produce documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems
- Implement systems as needed based on network application requirements
- Be able to assist with independent verification, validation, and project management for current and future projects
- Support as needed DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Management Systems, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systems, and 3 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 1 year of related IT systems experience
- Proven understanding of installing and configuring Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of network protocols, IP addressing, and virtual computing concepts
- Knowledge of Microsoft's infrastructures, including, but not limited to: Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network design
- Current, enterprise-class infrastructure/system engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Client servers utilizing direct-attached and network-attached storage
- Knowledge of designing, implementing, and managing high availability systems
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery (DR) solutions and technologies for complex systems
- Experience with VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies (ESXi 6.0 or greater, Virtual Center, P2V Tools) design/management/implementation
- DoD 8570 Baseline Certification
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!