- 11-Nov-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- DC, USA
- Full Time
- TS/SCI CI Poly
Title: Senior Malware Analyst
Location: Washington, D.C.
Clearance: TS/SCI CI polygraph
- Provide analytic and investigative support on Tier 2 investigations
- Perform malware reverse engineering on multiple computer and network platforms, such as Windows and Linux Operating Systems, mobile devices, and virtual machines
- Perform analysis of network flow data for traffic characterization and usage, recommended blocking actions, indications of system compromise and anomalous activity, indication of botnet activity, inventory and prioritization of internet threats
- Discover, analyze and diagnose malware and other related events, infected files and network intrusions
- Recommend counter measures and mitigations to malware and other cyber related incidents; develop After Action Reports
- Develop and maintain procedural checklists in support of Incident Response activities
- Investigate network configuration issues, malicious code activity from/to systems, and unusual port activity
- Perform research and analysis of external malware threats: commercial reports, USCYBERCOM reports, NCTOC reports, and other DoD, DHS, IC, Federal, non-government sources
- Evaluate and report on emerging reverse engineering technologies and capabilities; establish and maintain continual information pipeline in support of Customer Cyber Security strategic goals
- Create and monitor alarms and correlation rules
- Collaborate across multiple departments to tune analytic tools
- Provide informal and formal technical training to the customer and junior analysts, to include training on the tools and processes/procedures for forensic collection, analysis and reporting - Identify misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored networks
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies
- Participate in cyber threat working groups, forums and meetings
- Participate in vulnerability management working groups and meetings
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant work experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance with a CI polygraph or the ability to obtain and maintain a CI polygraph
- Active DOD 8570 IAT Level III certification and CND IR certification or the ability to obtain it within 30 days of hire
- Working knowledge of threat and vulnerability analysis, routing protocols, routing, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems, Domain Name Service, or network traffic analysis
- Previous tools experience working with Network Analyzer, SIEM, Host Based Security System, IDS and IPS Systems
- Technical understanding in some of the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, intermediate knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, switch, or open source information collection)
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history and references checks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!