- Seattle, WA, USA
- 23.00-27.00 per hour
- Full Time
NBR offers a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with matching, over 6 weeks of paid vacation and holiday per year, plus paid sick leave and paid professional development leave.
The National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR), a Seattle-based non-profit organization, is seeking an Office Manager to facilitate the smooth running of NBR's Seattle office and provide administrative support to NBR's management and administrative team. The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented, have a passion for the details, and take pride in managing a range of responsibilities, from answering the phones and ordering office supplies to helping manage events. This is a great opportunity to work in a small office setting with smart and friendly colleagues.
The position is full-time (32-40 hours per week), hourly, non-exempt, position reporting to the Controller. The salary is commensurate with the successful candidate's qualifications and experience. NBR offers a benefits package that includes health insurance, transit benefits, 401k with matching, paid vacation/sick/holidays, and more.
- Office Support & Customer Service
- Cultivate and support a positive and productive culture in the office. Incorporating NBR's value of Inclusion into the office culture and internal office events, such as anniversary, birthday, and holiday parties.
- Answer phones and ensure phones are covered at all times during business hours, train and supervise interns to answer phones as back-up support
- Respond to the general inbox email correspondence
- Set up user accounts in Microsoft 365 for new employees, troubleshoot internal phone system, create and update Microsoft SharePoint forms and libraries, and assist with other IT-related duties
- Schedule and provide new staff orientations and act as a resource for general office or basic IT questions.
- Support NBR's management and administrative team as needed with other administrative duties and projects
- Office Operations & Offerings
- Purchase and maintain all office equipment and supplies.
- Manage office key cards and keys
- Manage and maintain office safety and emergency procedures
- Distribute mail and faxes, mail outgoing checks, track incoming checks and update revenue log.
- Update and manage NBR's internal information and contact database (CRM)
- File electronic and hardcopy documents and maintain organized filing systems
- Send electronic invoice copies to accounts payable processing website
- Review, send, and track consulting agreements with independent contractors
- Develop, execute, and manage office procedures and policies (e.g., filing systems, front desk and phone coverage, business cards, transportation benefits, etc.)
- Event Planning
- Plan internal office events, such as anniversary, birthday, and holiday parties.
- Assist program staff with planning and execution of external events and meetings, as needed; potential tasks include venue research, logistics coordination, on-site event logistics and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain internal office events calendar.
- Communicate upcoming events to employees in the office.
- Budget Ownership & Vendor Management
- Keep Seattle office expenses within or under budget
- Serve as the primary contact with Seattle office building management and external vendors
- Create and maintain relationships with external vendors (e.g., hotels, office supplies vendors, etc.), including negotiating, reviewing, and managing contracts that relate to the Seattle office
- Research travel options and book flights and hotel accommodations as needed for NBR staff and contractors
Work outside of regularly scheduled hours may be required in the case of special events or office emergencies
- 3-5 years of office management or related administrative experience
- A track record of superior organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with basic IT administration tasks and user support in Microsoft 365 (e.g., creating user accounts, resetting passwords, basic technical troubleshooting, etc.)
- An ability to efficiently and effectively manage a wide range of disparate tasks and responsibilities
- A fast learner with a positive and can-do attitude (nothing is impossible!)
- Ability to communicate professionally with a wide range of people
- An interest in Asian and international affairs
The National Bureau of Asian Research is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research institution dedicated to informing and strengthening policy in the Asia-Pacific. NBR conducts advanced independent research on strategic, political, economic, globalization, health, and energy issues affecting U.S. relations with Asia. To learn more about NBR, please visit www.nbr.org.
To apply, submit the following materials through NBR's employment page (https://nbr.applicantpro.com/jobs/).
- Cover letter
This position is based on-site in our Seattle office.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. NBR provides over 6 weeks of paid vacation and holiday per year, plus paid sick leave and paid professional development leave. NBR offers affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance for Employees and their families (approximately $120/mo for employee coverage). NBR reimburses 80% of employees' Public Transit commuting costs, and at least 40% of employees' parking expenses (subject to IRS monthly limits). NBR offers a 401k plan with company matching, and company-paid Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability insurance.
NBR is committed to a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We're an equal opportunity employer and strive to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy or parental status, creed, military or veteran status, religion, ancestry, or national origin, disability, or other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during either the application or the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!