- Corona, CA, USA
- Full Time
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefits package!
National Community Renaissance (National CORE) is one of the nation's largest and most respected affordable housing developers and operators. With our social services provider, the Hope Through Housing Foundation (Hope) is committed to breaking the cycle of generational poverty by implementing high-quality social services for low-income families and seniors living within and around National CORE's affordable housing developments throughout California, Texas, Arkansas, and Florida. We seek passionate, hardworking team members who are committed to transforming lives and communities. Together, we deliver Hope, Opportunity, Prosperity, and Empowerment to thousands of youth, adults, and seniors each year.
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About the Job:
Hope Services Coordinators are responsible for developing, implementing, and managing high-quality programs and activities aimed at improving the financial stability, economic mobility, and physical and mental health of our residents and those surrounding National CORE properties. The Services Coordinator will utilize prevention, intervention, and referrals in the social service areas of early childhood education, after school care services and programs, youth and young adult development, financial education, workforce development, community building, and health and wellness. The Services Coordinator works closely with onsite Property Management staff and serves as a community ambassador, developing partnerships that expand Hope's impact. The Services Coordinator maintains a direct reporting relationship with an assigned Hope Through Housing Regional Director.
The Services Coordinator will coordinate programs operated by service partners and will provide direct services for residents, their families, and their communities.
- Identify resident needs, develop individualized property service plans, and deliver quality services for residents both directly and through service partnerships.
- Provide resident connection to community resources and referral opportunities, in accordance to resident surveys.
- Develop an onsite mechanism to facilitate resident connection to community service agency resources and referrals, including personnel of community service providers, educational opportunities and support groups.
- Maintain regular communication with external relations regarding new service partners and evaluation of service delivery by partners.
- Access partner and service provider database provided by External Relations to schedule appropriate services.
- Provide support for local, and/or grassroots efforts promoting health and wellness.
- Ensure service providers develop a site program schedule for residents with access to a variety of recreational, educational, and enrichment activities in support of resident needs.
- Serve as community ambassador, developing relationships resulting in in-kind service/product donations and financial contributions.
- Manage and monitor assigned property services budget including payroll, supplies, vendors, and fundraising.
- Manage and maintain a harmonious relationship with site staff and partners.
- Maintain client resident services files and database of resident contact referrals and engagement in order to identify trends, patterns, needs, opportunities, and outcomes of services including documentation and certifications.
- Provide regular reports of activities and events and maintain documentation.
- Provide/oversee After School Care Services and Programs.
- Provision of age appropriate activities and events for participants, coordinate activities to meet the developmental needs and interests of all children.
- Ensure service providers are consistent with required supervision of all children, and ensure their guidance and safety during all recreational and sports activities.
- Ensure service providers complete and update records on all enrolled.
- Deliver Financial Literacy and Economic Mobility trainings.
- Provide residents with opportunities for enhanced vocational and soft skills training including but not limited to resume writing, job search techniques, computer literacy, etc.
- Workforce Development Assist residents with community referrals for adult education, including but not limited to ESL, GED completion, etc.
- Community Building - Develop and implement a plan to provide social events and community engagement opportunities to increase involvement.
- Health and Wellness - In collaboration with External Relations establish and develop relationships with health care providers and community based organizations to provide onsite health education classes focusing on prevention and wellness management.
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stays at locations away from the employee's home.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other HOPE staff, National CORE staff, public officials, private sector officials, parents, and community leaders.
- Must have a sincere interest in working with children, youth and the aging population.
- Ability to meet the needs of a diverse, low-income population.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others.
- Excellent organizational and document management skills.
- Familiarity with basic computer software programs and ability to type.
- Fluency in a language in addition to English is preferred.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in education, public health, social work or related field is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience working in a social service, education or related field providing case management services.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various types of weather conditions.
- Sitting, walking
- May include lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Operate computer and office equipment.
- Ability to pass TB skin test and background check.
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer.