- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
- Full Time
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefits package!
"Together, we transform lives and communities!"
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking qualified individuals to join our team. CORE is one of the nation's largest non-profit affordable housing developers with over a 25-year track record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and social future of communities by building quality, affordable housing combined with best practice social services to improve the self-sufficiency of our residents.
National Community Renaissance C.O.R.E. Values:
COMMUNITY - Through our high-quality construction and social services, we build great communities where our residents and neighbors can thrive.
OPTIMISM - We believe in the ability of people to strive for better lives, and we help provide them with the means to achieve their dreams.
RESPECT - We serve our residents, partners, and employees with utmost respect.
EXCELLENCE - We strive for the highest standards in design, construction, property management, and customer service.
At National CORE, we offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive benefit plans that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About the Job:
The Project Engineer / Procore Specialist reports to the Vice Presidents of Construction and Construction Managers and functions as an integral part of all phases of construction projects. This position will help with design development/pre-construction, bidding, contracting, submittals budget reconciliation and closeout for multiple projects.
- Assist Vice Presidents (VPs), Construction Manager (CMs), and Construction Superintendents throughout all stages of construction.
- Perform research and coordination of special projects in the department as assigned.
- Prepare special reports as needed for the Construction Department.
- Assist Accounting Department management with efforts to improve workflow efficiencies.
- Work closely with Construction Accounting, VPs, CMs and Construction Superintendents to ensure accurate and timely review of the construction budget and actual expenditures information is in the system and on the progress billings.
- Assist in scheduling meetings as requested.
- Attend design meetings, take notes and follow up on tasks as directed by VPs and CMs.
- Assist in pulling permits and paying fees
- Review plans and report back to VPs and CMs about project details and unique conditions
- Assist with creation and review of trade specific scopes of work
- Load plans onto Procore
- Create bid packages on Procore and send them to subcontractors
- Communicate with subcontractors regarding delivery of proposals
- Organize and review subcontractor proposals and present them to VPs and CMs
- Work Closely with Contracts, VPs and CMs to execute contracts and POs
- Work closely with Accounting to:
- Ensure accuracy of draws
- Make budget adjustments
- Track timing of draws
- Coordinate with subcontractors to:
- Verify timely and accurate billing and lien releases
- Ensure that payments and received timely
- Do project site inspections on a regular basis
- Help track and process change orders
- Work closely with VPs, CMs, and Construction Superintendents on submittals
- Process and review submittals
- Track timely approval of submittals
- Create closeout package for projects including, As-builts, Closeout Binder, Notice of Completion (NOC), Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) and other required documents.
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team and participate in all company required educational and team building activities, which may include overnight stays at locations away from the employee's home.
The Project Engineer / Procore Specialist should have at least 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in the construction industry. In addition, individual should have the following minimal skills and experience.
- Proficiently read and interpret plans, specifications and reports related to construction.
- Be proficient in MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience in MS Project, Procore and Bluebeam is preferred.
- Be able to comprehend and follow instructions and be able to multi-task.
- Perform complex and repetitive tasks.
- Maintain a fast work pace and high-volume workload.
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions.
- Be a strong team player and able to take initiative on projects.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various types of weather conditions.
- Walking over uneven ground
- Climbing ladders
- Operate computer and office equipment.
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer.