- CA, USA
- Full Time
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefits package!
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking Apartment Maintenance Technicians (AKA Resident Services Technicians or "RST's") to join our Property Management team. CORE is one of the nation's largest non-profit affordable housing developers with a 30-year track record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and social future of communities by building quality, affordable housing combined with best practice social services to improve the self-sufficiency of our residents.
Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About the Job:
The Resident Services Technician reports to the Community Manager and the Resident Services Supervisor. Under supervision, this individual is responsible in assisting for the overall maintenance of the property.
SEEKING BASIC TO INTERMEDIATE PLUMBING / ELECTRICAL / CARPENTRY / GROUNDS WORK KNOWLEDGE
- Participation in all maintenance projects and training classes as directed.
- Perform minor electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches and outlets, etc.
- Perform minor plumbing work, such as clearing drain stoppages, replacing fittings and faucets, etc.
- Replace broken tile, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, blinds, and locks.
- Paint, interior and exterior as directed.
- Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows in all common areas.
- Assist in grounds work as directed.
- Participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage with the maximum response time being one-half hour from time the call is received.
- Must be conscious of a safe work environment.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License and automobile insurance in order to drive for business purposes or have reliable transportation.
- Must attend company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stay at locations away from the employee's home.
- Willingness to pitch in and work in areas for the betterment of the team and company. May require assisting other properties.
- Other duties as may be needed or required under the direction of the Community Manager or other supervisors.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and select from written instructions and established protocols to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Must be able to read and speak English or read and speak English and Spanish, as appropriate to the resident base, in order to effectively communicate between the Resident Services team and residents as well as between co-workers and supervisors.
- Must demonstrate initiative, professionalism, integrity and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Maintain work pace appropriate to given workload.
- Perform simple and varied tasks as directed.
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions.
- A minimum of 1 year or more of recent experience in property management maintenance or a related field is required while it is preferable to have 2 or more years of hands on experience.
- High school education or equivalent is needed or a combination of 3+ years relevant work experience and technical certifications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various types of weather
- Standing, walking, pushing, pulling, crawling, kneeling, twisting and carrying
- Working with hands
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer.