- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
The contractor shall provide system engineering support to Intelligence Community organization with performing analysis of alternatives, creating technical documentation, gathering and validating requirements, and assisting with architectural reviews and oversight.
- Map legacy data stores / formats to logical and physical data models in support of enterprise data header format standardization;
- Design and assess system interfaces, end-to-end data flows, and data storage and retrieval solutions for data modeling effort;
- Create data element definitions and dictionaries;
- Create, submit, analyze and review data model change requests and change proposals;
- Develop and maintain domain data models and physical formats required for specific projects across the Enterprise;
- Perform requirements analyses.
- Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
- Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal;
- Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, and Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement;
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area - Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resources Management, and Quality Management;
- Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation.
- Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
- Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements of project's technical design.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 10 years of systems engineering experience. A Master's degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 14 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Must possess active TS/SCI security clearance.
- As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master's degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Knowledgeable of DoD and IC standards and specifications as well as tools that enable information sharing.
- Able to work with top-level government management and to work as a team member.
- Able to assist in policy formulation and decisions.
- Strong in writing and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of the various missions within the Agency
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice