- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
Provide system engineering support to the Technology Transition Office responsible for assessment, insertion, and decommissioning technology in the Enterprise Architecture. Activities include managing and supporting office processes to include characterizing projects, leading, planning, scheduling, engaging, and validating process steps and related artifacts. Identify risks and recommending mitigations and/or the support of the customer in performing these activities, while monitoring and measuring progress through these processes.
- Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
- Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal;
- Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, and Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement;
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area - Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resources Management, and Quality Management;
- Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation.
- Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
- Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements of project's technical design.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas
- Ability to independently resolve important engineering issues requiring the use of advanced technology.
- Ability to plan and deliver engineering projects with unique/ complex aspects that impact major capabilities of high priority to the enterprise.
- Experience developing / implementing system engineering process and procedures.
- Must possess active TS/SCI security clearance.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 10 years of systems engineering experience. A Master's or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: a High School Diploma or GED plus 14 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Experience supporting programs and projects within the Intelligence Community.
- Experience in technical program/ project management / project implementation.
- Experience in defining an effort from mission outcomes/objectives to key tasks, collaborating with others monitoring and preparing out-reports, with the ability to embrace cross-directorate collaboration, and work with/advise others with little or no Systems Engineering experience.
- Experience in writing and/or managing the development of functional requirements and other related engineering documentation.
- Experience with Confluence / JIRA.
- Experience with ServiceNow (SNOW).
- Experience in working in a dynamic changing environment.
- Experience working with multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.