- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
This position will apply principles to various systems assigned for both Transition and Disposition and User Experience.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
- Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements of project's technical design.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue.
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation.
- Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Lead contractor systems engineering activities for a project to include supervising the work of the project engineering staff and technicians.
- Approve delivery of work products of multiple Processes Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project.
- Brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in one or more Process Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Approve delivery of work products of all Process Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Plan and develop engineering projects with unique or complex aspects that impact major capabilities of high priority to the enterprise
- Independently resolve important engineering issues requiring the use of advanced technology.
- Must possess DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Personal communication with peer and decision makers will be required to carry out duties, as well as written documentation.
- The ability to take requirements and apply them to various tools for developmental guidance and disposition will be indispensable.
- The candidate shall deliver technical recommendations, engineering services, requirement decomposition, gap identification and specific deliverables in support of the creation and deployment of intelligence authoring, conveyance, valuation, and customer relationship management architecture on a potential unclassified Customer-sponsored platform, using new and existing cyber requirements as the first use case.
- Determine, document, and track operational and technical interfaces and dependencies.
- Develop and advise on Analysis of Alternates, integration risk assessments and operational requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience.
- A Master's degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Must possess active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Ability to work well with the project leads, technical directors, and managers to plan and coordinate AEA efforts.
- Experience working with mission product owners and other various customers to derive requirements.
- Experience working threads across multiple organizations and teams to deliver complex capabilities.
- Ability to document Functional, non-functional, and system-level requirements and data flows, as well as policy and technical risks and dependencies.
- Experience in analysis of alternatives including dependencies, benefits, and risks; and resultant courses of actions for assessment by the Government to include currently available customer-sponsored systems that could be leveraged and viable commercial options.
- Experience with tactical voice, ONEROOF and UEE a plus.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.