- Springfield, VA, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
The Customer is revolutionizing analysis through tools that enable users to effectively find relevant information, identify connections in data, and collaborate with the Customer and its counterparts. One of the Customer's goals is to make analysts more effective at their jobs. The Sponsor requires system engineering support for the development, testing, deployment, operation, and maintenance of various mission specific applications and services. The primary focus of this effort is a COTS platform for natural language processing (NLP). While the COTS software vendor is responsible for the development and customization of the application itself, the Sponsor requires system engineering support for the various phases of application implementation, to include operation and maintenance.
- The Contractor shall design, implement, and maintain a cloud-based infrastructure for supporting COTS NLP platform development, test, and production environments.
- The Contractor shall work with the COTS NLP platform software vendor to monitor and optimize application performance and resource utilization.
- The Contractor shall engineer mechanisms to ensure proper infrastructure scaling to accommodate planned and unplanned utilization increases.
- The Contractor shall support infrastructure hosting workloads in both on premises and cloud environments such as AWS and Azure.
- The Contractor shall engineer methods to ensure system resiliency via appropriately robust configurations for data, configuration, and system backup and recovery.
- The Contractor shall work closely with the software vendor and other sponsor teams to ensure the system's continued compliance with all Authorization and Assessment requirements.
- The Contractor shall work closely with the software vendor and other sponsor teams to implement regular system enhancements and the addition of capabilities, to include those that may represent security relevant changes.
- The Contractor shall design and implement procedures to streamline the matriculation of software updates from the software vendor into the production environment.
- The Contractor shall participate with the vendor and Sponsor in providing system support.
- Demonstrated experience architecting and implementing scalable cloud-based infrastructure for supporting enterprise production applications using AWS or similar.
- Demonstrated experience using Amazon Web Services technologies including AWS Command Line Interface (AWSCLI), Amazon Machine Images (AMI), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), and Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Demonstrated experience with automated provisioning technologies or methods, such as Amazon Web Services CloudFormation, GitHub, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or AWS bootstrapping via cloud-init scripts.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux (RHEL, CentOS) environments.
- Demonstrated experience engineering, building, configuring, and maintaining via Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Demonstrated experience supporting development efforts to tune or troubleshoot both application and OS level issues.
- Demonstrated experience requesting, installing, and configuring PKI certificates for server authentication.
- Must possess DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance
Education and Experience Requirements
- "None Specified"
- Demonstrated experience integrating with Sponsor's internal systems for enterprise software functions such as metrics, auditing, or authentication.
- Demonstrated experience providing system administration support to secure applications consistent with Sponsor's security guidelines and Authorization and Assessment (A&A) processes.
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile environment and incorporating practices such as sprint planning, continuous integration, testing, deployment & delivery of minimum value increments.
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps.
- Demonstrated experience with Machine Learning (ML)Ops.
- Demonstrated experience with Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) systems.
- Demonstrated experience supporting the implementation of a vendor supplied COTS software solution.
- Demonstrated experience with system monitoring and management tools such as Nagios, Icinga, App Dynamics or CloudWatch.
- Demonstrated experience administering and supporting data storage solutions such as Elasticsearch and Postgres.
- Demonstrated experience with information security practices such as cryptography, privilege separation, RBAC, Auditing, Patching, Security Benchmark Compliance, or OS hardening.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.