- 14-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Annual Giving - 480
- Boston, MA, USA
- 22-24 per hour
- Regular, Full Time
Annual Giving Coordinator
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Annual Giving Coordinator serves as the point person for the Museum's Explorers Society (donors who give between $300-$3,000 to the Museum annually) and coordinates all activities, events and fundraising efforts related to this group. Additionally, they will partner with our marketing firm to coordinate internal and external acquisition appeals, monthly giving, and auto-renewal campaigns and will oversee the reporting and CRM management for Annual Giving.
- Coordinates Donor Society renewals/upgrades for 600+ Annual Fund donors yearly.
- Oversees the communication and programming for the Explorer Societies
- Manages all cross-divisional acquisition efforts for an additional 4,500 Annual Fund donors, including 4 signature acquisition campaigns each year.
- Ability to work 2-3 evening and weekend events per month. Regular schedule 40 hours per week, M-F
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday. This role also requires the ability to work 2-3 evening and weekend events per month.
Director, Annual Giving
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 or more years of experience working in the nonprofit sector and/or sales or customer relations.
- Customer service experience and a proven record of verbal communication skills.
- Possess writing and editorial skills and prior experience working with computer programs including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously, paying close attention to detail.
- Experience in developing successful cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Previous experience developing relationships with staff, board, volunteers, vendors and advancement office teams.
Non-Exempt (Hourly). $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Staff, interns, and volunteers will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Museum will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they are unable to get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. The Museum is not required to provide an accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement if doing so would pose a direct threat to others in the workplace or would create an undue hardship for the Museum.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.