- 28-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Grove City, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Human Resources
Senior VP of Human Resources
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for maintaining the efficient and supportive function of the HR department in various manners. An HR generalist should have broad knowledge of the Human Resource function and be willing to learn new skills. This position will handle the accurate and efficient processing of payroll in compliance with employment laws, organization policies and procedures, and reporting requirements.
This position additionally supports all HR-related activities and functions, including onboarding, performance management, recruitment, training, and development.
The position requires a proactive, innovative, and flexible HR professional who is dedicated to contributing to the development of business and people to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Performs payroll processing from set-up to semi-monthly payroll processing, entering new hire information, terminating employees, entering benefits and deduction changes and running reports, as needed.
- Performs calculation and maintenance of vacation, sick, and holiday time.
- Assists in the processing of any pay adjustments.
- Answers inquiries on employment verifications, general payroll and company policy questions.
- Maintains both paper and electronic employee personnel files, benefit files, driver files and I-9 records in line with company policies and government regulations; retains records in line with company record retention requirements.
- Assists with onboarding new hires.
- Supports Paylocity employee registration, orientation, and training.
- Ensures proper hiring documentation is completed and stored correctly, Maintains personnel records in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Ensures the integrity of employee data in all business application systems accurately and efficiently and performs periodic audits.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of recruiting, hiring and onboarding-related content and benefits documentation and trainings.
- Follow established procedures, practices, and policies to attain objectives.
- Makes decisions on a limited basis as general guidelines are usually given; work is reviewed for overall accuracy and to ensure appropriate processes were applied.
- Assist with other organizational matters as necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred);.
- Two or more years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Non-profit experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, etc.).
- Must have the ability to quickly learn and achieve fluency with numerous HR related technology systems.
- Must be able to work independently as well as work effectively and collaboratively with teams.
- Must have excellent organization, time-management, and task-management skills to maneuver in a fast paced and diverse environment.
- Must possess the ability to establish credibility, trust, and partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of commitment to the organization's mission to end hunger one nourishing meal at a time while co-creating communities where everyone thrives.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Applicants must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of accountabilities, duties, responsibilities of requirements. Any individual may be required to perform any other job-related activities or functions requested by his/her manager, subject to reasonable accommodation. Mid-Ohio Food Collective reserves the right to modify this job description to reflect changes in essential job duties made necessary by changing organizational needs, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Mid-Ohio Food Collective is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.