- 22-Aug-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Mid-Ohio Market Prep/Line Cook
Full Time, Nonexempt
SUMMARY: This position will assist the Kitchen Team with preparation and meal service for Kid's Café, Mobile Kitchen and Site Specific Cafés, Community Meals, Catering, and Markets. Prep/Line Cooks must be 18 years of age or older.
- Utilize a variety of kitchen tools and equipment to perform multiple forms of hot and cold food preparation.
- Prepare food items in quantities according to the daily prep list with consistent quality and adherence to all state and local safety standards.
- Follow recipes, production, portion, and presentation standards.
- Set up and maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times according to sanitation and food handling standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean ALL kitchen equipment.
- Maintain all appropriate logs related to cooking, reheating, sanitation, time, and temperature.
- Utilize proper receiving, rotation, and storage procedures to ensure safe food handling and wholesomeness of product.
- Notify Kitchen Manager in advance of likely shortages before meal services and large batch preparations.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a guest friendly environment when working directly with customers and maintaining outstanding standards, and all times whether working directly or indirectly with customers.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude and be flexible to shifting priorities.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance and observe personal cleanliness rules at all times.
- Commitment to dependability and attendance standards.
- Willingness to work with volunteers to guide them ensuring that food and personal safety standards are adhered to.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Leadership may assign other duties not listed here.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Education and Certifications: High School Diploma/GED Required. Food Safety Certification (provided by Mid-Ohio Food Collective). Highly preferred Culinary Arts Degree from an accredited culinary program.
Experience: 1 year of kitchen experience in a high volume, complex food service operation. High-touch, customer service experience is highly desirable. Non-profit experience is a plus.
Skills/Competencies: Must have good customer skills, mathematical skills, strong communication and organizational skills. Manual dexterity, basic knife handling skills, and kitchen equipment handling experience. Ability to use computerized food ordering and planning system and experience with Microsoft applications. Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in a team environment. Ability to manage challenges and conflict in a professional manner. Ability to pass a drug screen and mobility/lift assessment.
Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid (non-weather) and extreme cold or heat (non-weather). The noise level is usually moderate, but could increase to high. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk/hear and taste. Employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. These abilities must be able to be performed up to eight hours a day varying in-between the hours of 7am-8pm. Some night and weekend work may be required. Applicants must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.