- 22-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- Fremont, NE, USA
- Full Time
Midland University, a private, Christian, liberal arts university in Fremont, Nebraska (just outside of metro Omaha), is seeking a Head Swimming Coach. The candidate will be responsible for directing all aspects of the swimming program, including coaching, recruiting, coordinating practice or performance schedules, on-deck coaching, dry-land conditioning, and other duties for effectively developing the team.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruits and retains qualified student athletes for the swim program.
- Provides coaching to student athletes regarding all aspects of swim training and competition.
- Administers the Swimming program including coordination of all related activities such as: scheduling competition and practice sessions, team travel coordination and equipment purchase.
- Promotes and cultivates a cohesive team of swimmers with emphasis on excellence and community.
- Establishes and maintains relationship with regional and national athletic associations, as well as health services, student affairs and the student success center. Counsels students on general and sports-related matters, referring to appropriate sources as necessary.
- Continuously ensures personal behavior and program reputation are in alignment with Midland University's mission and core values.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience coaching swimming at collegiate or equivalent level
- Experience recruiting high school and/or college student athletes
- Experience as a collegiate athlete preferred
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field, required
- American Swim Coaches Association Certification, preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable through the University.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Current and working knowledge of swimming techniques and training methods
- A self-starter with positive attitude and strong relationship building skills
- Ability to resolve issues independently