- Beeville, TX, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP),401(k) with employer match, Vacation, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
MGC Contractors, Inc is looking for Operators to join our Texas Division in the Beeville area.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Operating hand wheels, levers, and depresses pedals to drive machines and control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, and swing booms.
- Grading or redistributing earth, aggregates, or materials for the construction of structures.
- Operating GPS and laser leveling machine to regulate elevation and angle of slopes performing rough grading.
- Fastening attachments or accessories to equipment, and aligning depth gauge marker with reference stakes and guidelines on ground or positioning equipment following hand signals.
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure the machine is working properly.
- Inspecting equipment for deficiencies, such as tires, lights, brakes, fuses and fluid levels, and submits report indicating equipment condition.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and specifications, survey markers and stakes.
- Signaling directions and warnings to coworkers.
- Any and all other duties assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position operates at professional construction sites, requiring the ability to communicate verbally with others on site, in person and over the telephone. The ability to read printed materials, signs and directions. The stamina to maintain attention despite interruptions, ability to lift, push, pull, carry, handle or feel objects, supplies, tools, machinery and/or controls weighing up to 50 pounds and reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift overhead, traverse around or otherwise position one's self around the required work and safety requirements to navigating and perform activities on various construction sites in a safe manner.
- This position operates in a professional field environment. The position requires working outside, frequently for long periods of time in all weather, including extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- While working, the employee might be exposed to various chemicals, vapors, pollutants, virus or other pathogens, gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines and dust/debris.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position. Occasional overtime, weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Three (3) years to five (5) years of related experience operating dozer, loader, backhoe, gannon, scraper, or compactor is required.
- Five (5) plus years of related experience preferred.
- Passing a pre-employment drug screen is required.
- Passing a pre-employment Texas Department of Criminal Justice background check.
MGC Contractors is an equal employment opportunity employer and, as such, we consider individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by state and federal regulations will be met. Discriminatory or harassing conduct in the workplace, whether committed by management or non-management employees or outside person (vendors, customers, etc.) is prohibited.
This job description is not meant to encompass all tasks and or job responsibilities, but rather it is meant to provide the employee with a general summary of what the position entails. MGC Contractors has the right to amend or revise this job description at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made when it does not impose an undue hardship on the company to do so.