- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Disability, 401k, and tuition, plus much more!
Are you an experienced Flexographic Press Operator? Are you driven and willing to innovate, learn and grow? Are you a good communicator who is looking for a team environment? Then we want to talk to you!
You've just found the best-kept secret in the printing world. Meyers is a manufacturer with serious scale, an expert design studio, and a family company that cares deeply about our team, our partners, and the brands we serve as customers. If you are searching for a career more than a job, then Meyers might be the company you've been looking for.
The Flexo Press Operator performs manual and machine operator tasks related to the set-up, maintenance, and operation of the press. Responsible for quantitative and qualitative press performance.
Some of the duties include:
- Ability to operate Label (flexographic) pressroom equipment, i.e., Arsoma, Mark Andy, Comco, Waitron, Gallus, Delta presses, sheeters, stackers, fan folding equipment, infrared heating equipment, turret, IMASS peel grain testers, digital scope, densitometer, gloss meter, UV equipment, etc.
- Reads, reviews, and understands the assigned and scheduled job according to the detailed specifications on the job ticket, QMS documents, the spec sheet(s), customer spec sheet(s), and proofs, including the approved press samples, in order to set-up and run the required equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring that all required materials and components for the job are available and at the press. These include stock, dies, print cylinders, inks, pumps, color standards for premium colors, etc.
- Researches and verifies stock, materials, and jobs on the Primac and/or PC networks.
- Completes the makeready and installs all required auxiliary equipment in order to meet or perform the necessary job specifications.
- Selects the inks and mixes inks as specified.
- Monitors use of inks and varnishes on the press.
Some key must-haves are:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two (2) plus years of recent experience as a Label (flexographic) Press Operator in a high-quality, commercial printing company.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, and follow verbal and written instructions.
In addition to competitive wages, Meyers offers a rich benefits package for our full time employees (30+ hours a week) including health insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and match, generous paid time off, 10 holidays, profit sharing, exercise room and much more!
Meyers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.