- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Disability, 401k, and tuition, plus much more!
We believe that the best companies do far more than offer excellent products and services. The best companies focus on a larger purpose, and they create life-long opportunities for their team. Meyers is dedicated to being this kind of company. We design and manufacture sustainable packaging, product labels, retail displays, and more. And through this work, we create a better future for people, products, and the planet. We are looking for a Prepress Operator who is willing to innovate, learn, and grow with us.
The Prepress Operator is capable of operating all equipment in the Prepress area. Has a thorough understanding of work and requirements in the Prepress department.
Available Shifts- Mid or 2nd shift.
Some of the responsibilities would include:
- Read MIS instructions and prep information for special instructions about job.
- Download jobs into Meyers file structure and preflight customer file to make sure all support files are available along with fonts.
- Trap customer files.
- Send completed jobs to contract color proofer for digital proofs, double checking proofs with customer original files to make sure they match.
- Reads instructions and checks layouts and prep information for gripper margin, bleed allowance, pagination, take off bars, and ghost bars.
- Photoshop color correction and retouching as required.
Some key must-haves are:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, follow verbal and written instructions, analyze layouts accurately and clearly communicate any job problems, questions, concerns.
- Preferred experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Kodak Prinergy and Esko.
- Six (6) years' work experience as a desktop Mac Operator in a commercial printing company.
- Reads and understands technical drawings (including CAD drawings and similar)
- Working experience Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge/experience of MAC/PC applications.
- Must be able to move rolls of paper, plates, proofing files, and chemistry.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds maximum occasionally.
In addition to competitive wages, Meyers offers a rich benefits package for our full time employees (30+ hours a week) including health insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and match, generous paid time off, 10 holidays, profit sharing, exercise room and much more!
Meyers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.