- Brookings, SD, USA
- Pay is based on experience and education.
- Full Time
Medgene Labs offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive pay, medical plan options, dental, vision, PTO and Holiday pay, STD and LTD, 401k retirement plan participation and more.
Medgene Labs helps veterinarians and producers protect livestock with precisely constructed immunological products and services. Applying a strategy of continual diagnostic surveillance and data analytics to the practice of immunology, creating vaccines for the disease-at-hand quicker and more precisely than previously possible. Medgene Labs has a single mission: To be a world-class Immunological Services Provider for leading livestock producers and their veterinarians. Medgene is seeking to hire a Field Sales Representative for our rapidly growing business and product pipeline.
Manage a bacteriology vaccine research and development lab and its staff, in coordination and cooperation with Quality Control, Construct Development, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and ISPrime departments in compliance with CVB Regulations, to meet the Strategic Objectives of Medgene Labs.
The Bacteriology Development Manager will manage a portion of the Medgene business with respect to scientific rigor and excellence, animal care and clinical studies, strategy, day to day operations, budget, technology and infrastructure development, personnel development, as well as regulatory quality and compliance programs. The position is internal, requiring time at the laboratory bench and is external, requiring effective communication with customers and clients.
- Provide technical direction, motivation, leadership, performance feedback, and career development to ensure the success of all associates involved in the Research and Development group with an emphasis on project or team leaders.
- Oversight of assigned R&D budgets.
- Provide oversight and direction to ensure project priorities are set, milestones are established, and R&D program is completely aligned to achieve goals with respect to completion and promotion of clinical and non-clinical work.
- Keep the VP of Operations, the Chief Technology Officer, and stakeholders throughout R&D and the company, informed of progress and timelines.
- Provide technical resources necessary to evaluate study data, draw sound conclusions, and make recommendations for subsequent studies to advance projects.
- Implement, uphold, and promote the appropriate HSE, Animal Welfare, Regulatory, Quality and Compliance requirements.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Responsibility for establishing and leading an efficient organization providing high quality results in a timely manner, as measured by project promotions.
- Budget and cost control for R&D department, specifically efficient use of resources and the initiation and completion of Capital projects.
- R&D personnel development, by providing opportunity and support.
- Adequate resource allocation, including the establishment of productive relationships with all stakeholders and outside consultants.
Typically reports to the VP of Operations with direct line to the Chief Technology Officer. Will provide work direction to Scientists, interns, students and/or other staff assigned to the laboratory.
Accountability and Level of Impact:
Multi-disciplinary project leader and/or cross-functional team member. Leads the completion of, and/or accomplishes, related objectives. Works autonomously; manages resources; consults with and updates project sponsors.
Technical/Functional Expertise and Application:
With a multi-disciplinary and commercial perspective, provides technical expertise and leadership across disciplines, and/or functions. Modifies existing processes, procedures and technologies, or develops new ones, as needed. Leads the development of advanced principles, concepts, processes, procedures, and technologies. Understands the Medgene business and animal health industry; applies to serving customer needs. Recognizes major competitors in the market.
Problem Solving and Innovation:
Drives innovative thinking; initiates, and/or manages change across teams, projects and/or functions. Assesses risks/benefits; generates best solutions, takes appropriate risks, and/or resolves complex cross-functional project problems. Thrives in a highly ambiguous environment.
Communication, Collaboration and People Influence:
Leads and proactively collaborates across disciplines, and/or functions. Responsible to mentor/coach colleagues. Practices active inclusion, and respect for diversity, to advance multi-disciplinary objectives. Produces internal and/ or external written communications; facilitates virtual and team meetings; presents to large groups. Establishes teams targets and objectives and conducts performance reviews.
Potential for exposure to human and animal pathogens, including blood-borne pathogens. Exposure to infectious agents, dangerous chemicals, high-voltage equipment, toxic fumes, high-pressure steam, temperature extremes, and potential mutagens.