The GIS Administrator is responsible for the Cooperative's GIS solutions. This position will report to the Supervisor of Management Information Systems (MIS).
The GIS Administrator performs the design, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the Cooperatives' Geographic Information Systems; databases, web development, spatial data creation, and system integrations. Demonstrate excellent technical competency, reliability in delivering mission critical data to support the Cooperative's electric infrastructure, and who continually ensures the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security. Qualified applicants will have a strong background in electric utility mapping, SQL databases, and geographic information
technology. Trains and supports staff on the use of technology and proper procedures.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to manage and monitor all installed GIS systems and infrastructure.
- Oversight of GIS infrastructure including design, development, installing, configuring, testing, deploying, maintaining, and documenting databases, application software, system modeling tools, and drawing and symbology standards.
- Ability to see potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of GIS systems and infrastructure accessibility and reliability.
- Integration of GIS, outage management, work management, accounting, customer information, meter reading, call center and engineer modeling systems.
- Research and purchase of GIS, database, and GPS systems and technology.
- Ability to be a self-starter, initiate new technologies, research, and continually increase
knowledge and education.
- Responsible for mapping and reporting of utility and supporting land information. Ensure integrity and correctness of all geospatial data, via input, manipulation, and quality control.
- Consistently and successfully provide support and training to internal customers.
- Document, train, and provide continual support for field staff on Mobile GIS
- Excellence in communication as a liaison with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve issues.
- Assist and support major storm/damage outage response and restoration as needed, often times outside of business hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must Have Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, Planning, Computer Science, or related field. Experience demonstrating responsible charge of GIS projects may be substituted for education.
- Three years of increasing responsibility in GIS technology. Required experience with ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise Software Suite. Specifically ArcMap, ArcGIS Server, Microsoft SQL, ArcGIS Online.
- Experience in programing and scripting languages (VBA, Python, SQL, and XML).
- Experience with SQL and SQL server tools.
- Evidence of experience with mobile GIS technology on IOS.
- Proven working experience installing, configuring, deploying and troubleshooting enterprise GIS environments.
- Proven ability to successfully and efficiently monitor GIS systems.
Nice To Have Technical Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Electric utility networks.
- Knowledge of industry specific solutions from Futura Systems (Futura GIS, Staking, OMS, FieldPro, and Flex), Windmil EA, Landis+Gyr AMI, and SEDC Accounting, Billing.
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD
- Experience with survey and data collection technology (e.g. GPS, Trimble).
- Experience and/or certification with UAV technology.
Licensing or Certifications:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Kentucky State driver's license.
- GISP or other professional certifications are a plus.
- Typical work day is in an office environment.
- At times, field work will be required in conjunction with normal office duties.
- May work around energized electrical facilities possibly to include substations, overhead and underground distribution lines and industrial construction sites.
- Travel may be required both inside and outside of MCRECCs service territory.
- Work outside under various weather conditions and in varying types of terrain.
- Must have sufficient health to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Sitting/standing/walking/driving for extended periods of time.
- At times, may be required to perform work that includes moving objects up to 35 pounds.