- 18-Feb-2021 to 19-May-2021 (EST)
- Portsmouth, NH, USA
- 12-16 based on experience
- Full Time
Flexible Schedule, 401K MatchProgram
This position performs all duties related to food preparation and maintenance of Cheese cases, including counter service, preparing and stocking of products.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Understand why our products are different than other stores, and be able to explain to our customers.
- Price all merchandise
- Organize, stock and rotate merchandise
- Maintain back stock in good order
- Keep department continually clean, well-maintained and organized
- Attend all department and store meetings
- Maintain safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment
- Comply with all regulatory rules and regulations including HACCP, OSHA, Dept. of Labor, Weights and Measures and local food and sanitation laws.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Previous deli, kitchen, culinary, retail and/or customer service experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of cheese products.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Understand and be able to effectively communicate to customers
- Able to perform physical requirements of position
- Able to work well with a team
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the store including nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time, up to 8-10 hours.
- Bending, stooping and climbing.
- Mental and physical dexterity.
- Unassisted heavy lifting.
- Work in varying temperatures (coolers, etc.)
- Use of box cutters.
- Use of slicers or other heavy machinery.
- Mandatory use of required personal protective equipment.
- Iteration of duties.