Summary: Seeking a Part-Time Manager for self-storage facilities in Elkton, MD. The Part-Time Manager will work 9 - 5 on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and occasionally on Saturdays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Opening facility.
- Maintaining efficient and friendly communication with customers
- Maintaining a clean and professional office and facility
- Leasing self-storage space. This includes executing lease agreements and collecting initial rental fees.
- Manage rentals of U-Haul vehicles. This includes executing rental paperwork and collecting applicable fees.
- Keeping all files (computer and manual) organized and up to date.
- Assist customers with U-Haul trailer rentals.
- Answering phones and return applicable messages.
- Following up with customers regarding delinquent balances.
- Sweeping out U-Haul trucks and vacant self-storage units.
- Assisting customers with unit issues.
- Close facility, including financial reconciliation of petty cash and other monetary receipts from that day.
- Keeping store merchandise filled and organized.
- Conducting quarterly merchandise inventory counts.
- Understanding and complying with all lien processes ("The Lien Laws") regulated by the state in which the facility is located.
- Submitting weekly deposit reports to complete the Monthly Deposit Verification Report.
- Conducting daily lock checks of all rented self-storage units.
- Ensuring that all vacant units are vacated from the computer promptly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Customer Service experience required
Previous Self Storage experience preferred
General computer skills required
Proficiency in Microsoft Office a plus
This individual must possess a valid driver's license to assist with the processing of U-Haul rentals.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of this company to provide equal opportunity in employment and to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, marital status, or any other legally-protected class, trait, or characteristic.