Montessori Additional School Care - Afternoon School Care Assistant and Classroom Support
Marin Montessori School
Corte Madera, CA
Job responsibilities include working with Primary children (3-6 years old), in the classroom supporting lunch, and nap, as well as in the after school program.
Marin Montessori School:
This is an especially exciting time to join Marin Montessori School, a highly regarded Bay Area school with an over fifty-year history and accreditations from both AMI (Association Montessori International) and CAIS (California Association of Independent Schools). MMS has a stunning waterfront and nature-rich campus, allowing for tremendous indoor-outdoor learning opportunities and close connections between teachers and classes. MMS is a school with passionate AMI Montessori educators and engaged and enthusiastic families.
Key Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Providing support in two different programs: one primary classroom, and our afternoon additional school care program
- Maintaining safety as a top priority; Playground and lunch supervision
- Upholding AMI Montessori standards and pedagogy
- Working closely with the ASC Coordinator and children in the after school program
Preferred Experience, Qualifications, and Attributes:
- Must have a minimum of 6 Early Childhood Education (ECE) units and be working towards 12
- Must be vaccinated against covid-19
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Previous experience working with young children
- A collaborative and flexible approach to working with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a valid California driver license with no points
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds
Salary: This is a non-exempt, full-time position that begins immediately. Hours are 11:00 am - 6:00 pm. The salary and benefits package is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Starting salary of $24-$26 per hour based on experience. Limited time hiring bonus of one thousand dollars, payable in two installments, fall and winter. Paid federal holidays and school breaks. Unpaid during summer vacation time.
Marin Montessori School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of age, ancestry, color, religious creed, denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical), marital, familial, or parental status, medical condition, genetic information, military and Veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, political affiliation, or sexual orientation.