- 20-Jul-2022 to Until Filled (MST)
- Layton, UT, USA
- 28.72-47.50 per year
- Full Time
$28.72 - $47.50
Up to $3000 signing bonus for lateral candidates depending on years experience.
Lateral Applicants - starting wage based on years experience. Year for year credit for experience at other similar sized agencies will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
The position of Police Officer is subordinate to the Police Chief and all other ranking officers of the department. The Police Officer is responsible for the protection of life and property, the detection and prevention of crime, the apprehension of criminals, and the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Work is performed in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and state statutes.
- Safely operates department vehicle during normal and emergency driving situations in accordance with department policy and state statute.
- Responds to; calls for service, assistance from other officers, and at the direction of supervisory personnel.
- Performs initial investigations of both criminal activity and/or traffic accidents.
- Recognizes and protects crime scenes for the preservation and gathering of evidence.
- Prepares thorough and complete reports of investigations and daily activity.
- Maintains a working knowledge of criminal and traffic law.
- Takes a pro-active approach to law enforcement thru the recognition of violations of criminal and traffic law and takes appropriate action.
- Be prepared and capable of using required force to effect arrests up to and including deadly force.
- Ability to verbally articulate in court facts pertaining to investigations, arrests, and or traffic citations in which the officer participated as a primary or backup officer.
- Provides assistance to community members including assisting motorists, giving directions, and answering general questions.
- Maintains a professional appearance and adheres to department dress and grooming standards.
- Has a working knowledge of all department issued equipment and maintains the equipment in good working order.
- Works with other agencies in a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains required certifications and proficiency to include participation in mandatory department physical fitness standards.
Graduation from high school or GED.
21 years of age or older.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful resident of the United States for at least five years and have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Successfully pass the written, oral interview, physical fitness testing, background, polygraph, psychological, drug screen and physical.
Valid drivers license and the ability to obtain a Utah drivers license within 14 days of hire date.
Must be P.O.S.T certified within 6 months of hire and maintain certification.
The physical fitness requirements are as follows:
1.5 mile run in 15:54
25 push ups
35 sit ups in one minute
16 inch vertical jump
LAYTON CITY BENEFITS
Benefits effective upon date of hire.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Annual Sick Leave Buy-Back Option
- Retirement - Utah State Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-Term Disability
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance