- 04-May-2022 to Until Filled (MST)
- Parks & Recreation
- Layton, UT, USA
- Part Time
Not a benefited position
PAY RANGE: Hourly: $13.00 - $15.60 per hour (depending on experience, education, and certifications)
Performs a variety of entry level, general administrative and technical duties as needed to coordinate the day-to-day operation of one or more City recreation programs.
- Promotes and follows the City's mission statement, values and expectations.
- Supervises the operation and activities of such programs as basketball, baseball, tennis, volleyball, softball, football, arts & crafts, gymnastics, tours, family recreation, track, Arts in the Park, etc.
- Provides immediate supervision over recreation activities and seasonal, temporary or volunteer personnel; oversees coaches, activity specialists, site supervisors and officiators and conducts training as needed; may officiate or referee games or assist in coaching; maintains statistics for leagues and tournaments.
- Assures timely delivery of public notices and announcements as needed to afford target populations opportunity for participation.
- Assists in public relations by finding volunteer workers and presenting new programs to the general public; conducts program registrations; completes post-program evaluations to assure effectiveness.
- Carries out publicity programs; utilizes various forms of media, notices, publications, flyers and brochures to promote Citywide interest and use of recreation facilities and program participation.
- Controls use of equipment and facilities by signing out equipment and scheduling reservations for use of public facilities.
- Handles complaints from coaches, participants, organizations; assists in negotiations to achieve solutions, which better the recreation programs and services.
- Performs related duties as required.
Graduation from high school; plus two (2) years of academic or specialized training in recreation administration or youth recreation leadership, and two (2) years of recreation program administration, physical education teaching, coaching or related experience.
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.